3

A little background should be put into any story, and that is very true for this seemingly innocent story of a young princess, and her companion. However, this story isn't exactly without its big bad wolves and evil witches, and unseen frights.

Princess Floyd, you see did not always belong to the young dragon, and Drake... He was not always a dragon.

Years ago, Drake was actually a prince. He was a young prince from the kingdom of New York. He lived with his princess sisters, and his parents in a wealthy suburban castle. He had been given all that he could ever ask for in his life. As he grew older, he became very well established, and when the king died, Prince Drake decided to do something extraordinary with his life.

He took the king's inheritance, and he found a beautiful, peaceful tract of land in the land of Seattle. With great care and love, he built a beautiful castle. He was surrounded by cliffs and water and a beautiful view, something that he had always wanted for himself and his family. In his heart, he felt that he had found a perfect mate in the arms of a princess named Renee. The castle was built, and Princess Renee was brought to the grounds. Though, the moment she saw the beautiful castle, her beauty began to melt away.

Drake found in that moment, that his beautiful princess was not a princess at all, but a horrible, wretched witch. She turned on Drake in that moment of bitter, angry, selfishness, and she cast a spell upon him turning him into monstrous, fire breathing dragon. She then disappeared into thin air, never to return.

Drake had been a kind prince, a loving prince, a giving prince. He had always thought that his personality was one that he had strived to obtain and that he was respected. When he was turned into a dragon, however... he found that he had become bitter, angry... blowing fire at anyone who got in his way. Before long, he found himself in trouble... it had gotten to the point where his attitude and frustration was affecting his job, affecting those around us, so Drake was asked if he'd like to take a vacation. He was told that if he didn't take that vacation, that he wouldn't be needed anymore. So Drake packed up his dragon knapsack and flew his way back to visit his mother and sisters.

On his return, after a fairly uneventful vacation... he met Princess Floyd.

It was love at first sight, in an innocent sense. He was after all, a dragon... and Floyd a tiny girl.

She didn't even know she was a princess.

She was on her way across the country to live with her aunt. It seemed innocent enough... until just as things had turned out with Princess Renee... Floyd found that her Aunt was an evil witch as well, ruled and tormented by a horrible overlord who haunted dreams and caused havoc on everyone he laid eyes upon.

The separation of Floyd and Drake was painful, they had bonded so on their trip across the country, and Drake found that he had an incredible knack for being caring, understanding and protective. But they bid farewell... Floyd and Drake, and went to their lives seemingly far away, yet so incredibly close to one another.

One night... through the peepers in the night, Drake smelled trouble. He was called to rescue someone... and unbeknownst to him... it was his darling Floyd.

She was frightened and scared, and she clung to that dragon with all of her might, praying and hoping, crying and dreaming... clutching him as if he would never let go of her... ever. And he promised her as much... and more... When the evil witch and overlord vanished without a trace... in a manner better left to the imagination... Drake volunteered his heart to the little girl.

She accepted with open arms.

And so Drake took her in... found her a bed in his castle... protected her from the invisible evils of the night... until he learned of someone who had the possibility to take all of that away from him.