ch 2; loving and fighting, accusing, denying.

Richie sat on his bed, staring at a picture of the losers the next day. He didn't know what to think of them. Whether or not to love or hate them. They did something horrible, but they're too much of an impact on his life to just forget.

They were a part of him. A huge one, in fact. They helped him figure out who he was. Now, he doesn't even know that.

Richie didn't even bother going to school. His parents told him that he had to, but he refused. They only wanted what was best for him, and if giving him some time away from the horrible people he called friends helps, it's the least they could do.

Maggie and Went checked up on him every day, making sure he was doing alright and not hurting or killing himself.

But, when things got too hard, he went to the store, finally, and bought.

Bought alcohol. Bought drugs from some random kid on the streets. Bought extra cigarettes. He filled his life with things he thought eased his pain.

Richie sat on his bed, tears rolling down his eyes. The picture of the losers at the park. Mike wasn't there that day, so he didn't make it into the picture, but he still cried in loving memory of his old friends.

He missed them with every bone in his skinny body, but hated them for what they did

He missed them with every bone in his skinny body, but hated them for what they did. What they said. He looked at all of their young faces, wondering how such words could come out of their mouths.

- - -

"Why the fuck is Rich ignoring us? He hasn't been to school in two weeks and I'm growing incredibly worried," Eddie paced around Bev's room, the losers staring at him, all feeling just as worried and confused.

"I don't know, he won't answer my texts or calls," Beverly said, voice cracking.

"Wonder what happened," Ben mumbled.

They sat in awkward silence, the only noise was Eddie's shoes against the floor as he walked.

"Eddie, chill," Stanley said, breaking the silence.

"Wh- I can't! What if something and happened?! What if he's hurt somewhere! What if someone kidnapped him! Or- or-!"

Beverly stood and hugged Eddie, and he paused. He hugged her back and sighed.

"I miss him, Bev. I don't know where he is and I'm getting really scared."

"I know, hon. We all are. But, we can all go and look for him. And we will all find him, in one piece," she said, pulling out of the hug and putting her hands on his shoulders.

He took a deep breath and sat on her bed, head in his hands as his elbows rested on his knees.

"Did we do something wrong? Did anyone say or do anything to him Friday two weeks ago? That's the last time we saw him," Beverly suggested, and they all shook their heads.