Chapter 2: Lisa's POV

(TW: verbal abuse and gaslighting)

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

It's been a few weeks since zain's threat to Darren and thank God I'm safe...for now. Since mother wants to hang with Sylvia today, I get to watch the puppies, that's honestly my favorite thing to do despite the shit I do through.
I lovingly sigh at the thought of having my own pups one day with...him.

I was suddenly kicked out my thoughts by someone yelling my name, "Lisa!....Lisa!", I turned to see my boyfriend, and a smile appeared on my face.
Dave is apart of the shadow tribe but in the town, outside the gate. He is the best, my first boyfriend of 3 years, he was so sweet when we first met, he was what I needed to feel loved, special even.
He chuckled and hugged me, "there's my favorite look, how have you been?", he voiced softly.
"Same thing, different day ya know" I responded with annoyance as I relaxed, watching the kids laugh and play.

I felt Dave's head rest on my shoulder softly, for a small moment I smelled a hint of really expensive perfume that I don't wear but it's a bit similar to what Sylvia practically bathes in, I wanted to ask but I didn't want to ruin the moment so..I let it be.
We spent time together but he wasn't really paying attention to me, I saw him chuckling at his phone and got curious.

"What's so funny babe? I wanna laugh too," I expressed with curiosity and a smile. I started to get close to see but he shut off his phone before i could get a good look, "I'll show you next time heh, phone's going dead", he claimed innocently.

"Oh. Okay no problem", i voiced with a little smile then backed away a bit, 'is he...no there's no way right? He would never do that to me...right?', i wondered as my mind started racing of possibilities, he noticed the sad expression upon my face and held my chin up, "what's wrong sweetheart? You can tell me", he expressed with the most sincere look in his eyes.

"Uh...A-are you...cheating on me, Dave?", I worriedly asked, waiting on his response. He chuckled a bit as he gently cuffed his hand to my face, "of course not, silly, you're the love my life. I would never do that to you, don't be so sensitive babe", he claimed as he flashed the cutest smile. I loved the way he smiled, it made me feel safe...secure with him.

I nodded my head lightly in agreement and started to relax but...the wolf in me was alert for some reason, like it didn't trust Dave at all. Why has it been acting like this? It's been 2 weeks, what's going on.

Before I knew it, Dave kissed me, expecting me to follow through for a make-out session but I pulled away. With my wolf acting weird and my body constantly tired, I didn't feel up to it today, "sorry Dave, um can we just...cuddle please? I'm just a bit sleepy that's all", I expressed lightly pushing him away. He seemed surprised and a bit hurt yet upset by the look of his face, "Oh. Sure heh I don't mind cuddling with you", he said with a small chuckle as he wrapped his arm around me, pulling me close in a warm embrace, I relaxed and held him but I knew...he was lying to me.

Hours later, I woke up cuddling a pillow and immediately sat up and looked around, I slid my fingers through my hair as the moonlight shined on my skin, then I made a realization, "oh shit the kids!", I rushed out the bed and burst out the room, bumping into Darren, the pack alpha.

I was so worried about the kids that Dave not being by my waking side didn't cross my mind until now, where did he go? Ugh! I can't worry about that now, I bumped into the fuckin alpha, I'm screwed.
My heart fell into the acid of my stomach as I glanced at the alpha, he seemed pretty pissed about something, behind him I could see Zain smirk, I just wanted to slap that look off his stupid face.

Once the alpha cleared his throat, my attention immediately went back to him, "follow me", he said as he walked past me, heading to his office.
I did as he commanded and followed, walking behind Zain. He bent a bit to me and whispered, "you're in deep shit, bitch. You better pray your little life away".
After we arrived to the office, Darren had Zain wait outside as he shut the door behind me. He looked at me a bit before talking, "I hear you've been...lacking in your work, why?".

"I-I wasn't sir, I swear, I never slacked off before.", I answered, trying not to cry in front of him.
"You're not answering my question!", he yelled with such force, it made me flinch, "Zain told me you were lounging around, half cleaning the pack house and shit, being lazy too", he yanked my hair back tight enough to almost rip it out my scalp, "I will not tolerate such behavior in my pack house, you will be punished greatly", he whisper in my ear as he tossed me to the floor and removed his belt and started beating on me.

By the time he was finished, I already gained welks on my body and my tear ducts were dry. I tried to get up but my body was in too much pain
Zain...lied on me. Darren wouldn't even let me properly explain myself.
I just...wanted to have a seat while watching the kids play..I did nothing.
Darren kicked me in the face, breaking my nose and spat in my face, "you make me sick, you never do anything right. You should've never been born, get the hell out my office!", I struggled to get up for a bit but eventually left the office, as I walked the wall with a small limp, I could hear the other members whispering and snickering, especially Zain.

After arriving to my room, I groaned in pain as I applied cream to my wounds and somewhat bruises, I began to cry more, someone walked in my room, I couldn't even turn my head to look due to the pain but I recognized the voice, it was Sylvia.
"Hey mutt, mom wants- ah...my God Lisa, what happened?", she got close and grabbed the cream container to apply the rest I wasn't able to get.

"Nrg, nothing, just...messed up again that's all..what did mother want", I said with a shaky voice, hoarse even.

"Don't worry about it right now, I'll take care it..just..lay down okay.", Sylvia put the cream away, "look...I've..heard what the others are saying, what some did, even mom..I know I've been mean with you growing up but I do care about you, little sister. You don't deserve this, they don't deserve you", she grabbed my nose gently, "think about something that makes you happy", I did so and thought about Dave.

Sylvia fixed my nose, making me whimper, "sorry, I know I know", she said softly as she wrapped it.
"Hey, have you heard of the new alpha of the phoenix pack? I hear he's pretty handsome haha, we should totally meet him someday huh", she said with a smile on her face, I nodded and replied, "Sure heh. He's probably better than Darren heh".
After she finished, I got a whiff of the same perfume Dave had on him this afternoon.

"Sylvia..."

"Yes?", she looked down at me, giving this gentle look.

"Are you...sleeping with Dave? He...had the same smell on him this afternoon".

Sylvia suddenly got quiet and her smile faded, she nodded regretfully as a single tear drop slid down her face.
"I'm sorry Lisa, I wanted to tell you but-", I cut her off.

"...How Long?", I asked.

"....2 weeks", she replied, I clenched the sheets.

"I'm gonna go to bed...", I voiced softly in sadness

"Lisa..."

"I said I'm going to bed! thank you for the help", I got under my covers and put the pillows over my head, I listened as Sylvia left the room and closed the door.
'How could he do this to me?...Were those 3 years Nothing to him?...when he chuckled at his phone...it was Sylvia. I'm so stupid, I'm not good enough for anyone, not even him.
No one wants a complete fuck up', I thought as I cried myself to sleep.

I'm tired of this, everyone hates me, Dave is being weird, when will I be rescued?...
¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

(A/N: Lisa!! Noo, you're enough sweetheart 😭😭😭, where is Scarlett  yall? Lisa need all the love and hugs right now 😩
The mom's name is Kelsey by the way
Word Count:1509)