Chapter 6: Scarlett's POV

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

It's been 3 weeks since Lisa and her son arrived at my door step, looking fragile, filthy and cold. I couldn't turn them away, it wasn't in my nature to that to a woman and child.

<flashback>

I just finished some paperwork and stacking my pile together, putting them away. I yelped lightly from a sudden knock at the door.
I quickly put on my blindfold and fixed it then went to the door, putting my guard up, activating intimidation mode.

I opened the door, shocked to see Lisa, 'what is she doing here? Oh..right, the card', I thought to myself, 'she chose to leave that place, good'..

Scarlett: "..Lisa.."

Lisa: "Uh h-hi, um...can we...stay here for a while, at least until I get on my feet?"

Scarlett: "we?"

She moved aside a little for me to see a little boy who seems pretty young, was Darren's pack house that toxic for her to bring a child along?

I looked at the boy, he seemed scared of me, I lightly let down my gaurd and invited them in, Gave them tour, fed them left overs and the most comfortable room, next to my room.

Scarlett: "come. I'll show you the bathroom for your showers and the towels"

Lisa: "Uh. O-okay"

While Lisa was busy showering, I put a spare shirt and sweatpants from my drawer and sat it on the bed, near the sleeping child.
As I was leaving the room, the boy was whimpering so of course, I checked on him, he was having some nightmare so I calmed him down, thinking about how my own mother did the same with me and my sibling.

Afterwards, I went to my office and did some work but kept getting distracted by the fact that a woman was now on my house. A WOMAN. clearly I was freaking out, blushing badly, what the hell do I do?.

The next day, I decided to cook breakfast, I didn't know what to make so I made everything I could think of. Eventually, I felt a light tug at my clothing, it was the child, he was just...staring at me while I made my coffee.

Scarlett: "what's the matter child?, you're...staring"

Ethan: "....pretty"

Scarlett: "thank you"

It was the first time that a child complimented me without being scared or questioning my blindfold, I will admit, I was shocked.

Ethan: "hungry mommy"

Scarlett: "I made panca- wait mommy?!"

The child nodded and smiled a bit.

Ethan: "you're my new mommy"

Scarlett: "n-no I am not!"

He giggled and ran to the table, climbed the chair and attempted to reach the blueberry pancakes he desired. I watch him struggle a bit then lightly pushed the plate to him as I sat down and began to eat.

Ethan: "thank you mommy! 😄"

Scarlett: "don't call me that"

I blushed lightly at the mere thought.
'There's no way I could be this boy's mother, it wouldn't be right to replace a parent he might've lost'. I thought to myself as I continued eating, I glanced over at Ethan, he was quite messy with his eating so I wiped his mouth.

Scarlett: "you've created a mess"

Ethan: "sorry"

Scarlett: "it's fine, continue"