Try and "snap out of it" with all your might

Just as the idea popped in his head, he felt that electric shock, followed by that invisible force pushing him to stand up. But this time, he fought against it as he made his way towards (Y/n), who quickly stepped back to be out of reach. Still, she had a glimmer of hope in her eyes. His struggle was pretty obvious.

(Y/n). He knew her. He loved her, but never really honestly said it. And he regretted it to this day. He had to tell her. He *needed* to tell her. If this unfinished business, this closure, was like a goal for him to focus on and reach out to, then he will fight with all his might to get to it! He just had to snap out of whatever, whoever was controlling him.

He held in head and grunted.
"Wukong! You can do this!" he heard (Y/n) say.

(Y/n)... She's always been there for him. He's not always been there for her. But he could change that. He could fix this. He could fix everything. He just needed to take back control. His hand reached out for her, but his other one grabbed his wrist and pulled him back, shaking.
'You fool. This is pointless.' the voice in his head said. 'If you keep going like this, your mind will break.'

"Remember who you are! You're *the* Monkey King! Come on, MK needs you!" she paused, her eyes filled with tears. "I need you!"
"(Y...(Y/n)."

(Y/n). He needed her too. To hold her and never let go again. They could be together again. He just needed to...push through this mental wall. He punched himself. He tried to do it again, but an invisible force stopped him.
'Stop!'

He gritted his teeth and pulled, concentrating all his powers into this punch.
'Stop this madness at once!'
"You're...not the...boss here." he managed to slowly say. "I am!"
The punch pushed through, he got himself right in the jaw. An aura of energy expanded outward, shaking everything around him. He felt a deep and intense pain (not even from the punch) and shouted towards the sky, holding his head and gripping his hair. Finally, he fell on the floor. He was out for only a few seconds before he heard:

"Wukong?"
He immediately opened his eyes and sat up. He looked around, panting. When he came in, he was pretty sure it was dark outside, but now it seemed that the sun was rising, the morning daylight peeking through the planked up windows. The silence was almost eerie. His heart beating so fast he could hear it in his ears.
"Wukong!"
He flinched and looked over to see (Y/n), kneeled beside him.
"Wh....What happened?" he asked in a whisper before getting louder. "Where's the Lady Bone Demon?! What about-?!"
"Ssssh~." she gently placed a hand on his cheek.
Her touch made him relax significantly.
"You just...can't worry right now. After what you've just been through."

He took a deep breath and took her hand to hold it. At the same time, they both stood up. She sniffed, tears rolling down her face, though she was smiling. She hugged him. It was warm.
"I'm so glad you're back."
"(Y/n) I..." he hesitantly hugged her back. "Gotta say, I had a widely different idea of how our reunion would go."
She laughed and faced him. Her arms still around his neck.
"...I love you too you know.

His expression fell. He exhaled in a shaky breath and forces a chuckle.
"Is this real?"
She chuckled, letting out an 'aww', and kissed him. She kissed her back, running a hand through her hair. The two of them walked over to the bed and let themselves fall on it.
He never let her go.
"Wukong..." she said in a breathy voice.
She reached out a hand and caressed his cheek. He leaned his hand to snuggle against it, relishing every second, every caress.

"W-Wukong." (Y/n) tried to call out of him. "Please."
She didn't want to remove her hands from his, desperate to get them off her neck. But she knew it was pointless to try. With a shaky hand, she reached out to touch his face. But he was unfazed, his piercing blue eyes lifeless. After a long agonizing moment, her hand fell over, limp.
'I told him his mind would break. But, he is in a better place now. He won't be bothering me anytime soon. Sometimes, illusions are better than reality.'
The Lady Bone Demon's champion let go of the human and stood up. Alone, motionless, waiting for his next order.
'I didn't want to kill her, but she was being too much of a nuisance. I'll have to find those heroes some other way. Leave, champion. Come back to me.'

He flew through the roof. He will never come back here again.

- Bad Ending: In a Better Place -