𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 1

Rylie and her mum arrived at Platform 9 3/4, where the Hogwarts Express was waiting. Rylie's mum was carrying a small trunk and a bag of snacks for the journey.

"Are you sure you have everything you need, dear?" Rylie's mum asked, looking at her daughter with concern.

"Yes, Mum, I double-checked," Rylie replied, rolling her eyes good-naturedly. "I've got my wand, my books, my robes... everything."

Rylie's dad, an Auror, couldn't come to see her off as he had to go back to work the day before. Rylie felt a twinge of disappointment, but she understood that her dad had important responsibilities.

"I wish Dad could be here too," Rylie said wistfully.

"I know, dear," her mum replied, giving her a reassuring hug. "But he sends his love and he's so proud of you. You're going to do great this year, I just know it."

"I will, Mum," Rylie said confidently. "I've been studying hard all summer, and I'm going to nail my exams."

"That's the spirit," her mum said, smiling proudly. "Just remember to take care of yourself and have fun too. And write to us as soon as you can, okay?"

"I will, Mum," Rylie promised, feeling a surge of excitement and nervousness. She hugged her mum one last time before grabbing her trunk and heading towards the train.

As she boarded the Hogwarts Express, Rylie turned to wave goodbye to her mum. Her heart was filled with anticipation for the adventures and challenges that lay ahead.

"I can't believe you're already starting your fifth year," her mother said, looking at her with pride and a hint of sadness. "It feels like just yesterday you were a tiny first-year, holding onto my hand."

"I know," Rylie replied, smiling. "But I'm ready for a new year and new challenges."

"I'm going to miss you, sweetheart," her mother said, giving her a tight hug. "Your father couldn't come today, but he sends his love and wishes you good luck."

Rylie nodded, understanding that her father's work as an Auror was important and often kept him away from family events. "Tell him I'll make him proud this year," she said with determination.

"I have no doubt you will," her mother said, brushing a strand of hair from Rylie's face. "Just remember to take care of yourself and make time for fun as well as studying."

"I will, Mum," Rylie promised, hugging her one last time before boarding the Hogwarts Express.

As the train began to move, Rylie waved goodbye to her mother and watched her disappear into the crowd. She felt a twinge of homesickness but quickly pushed it aside, eager to focus on the year ahead and nail her exams.

Rylie and Marlene McKinnon were on their way back to Hogwarts for a new school year. Rylie said goodbye to her mother before boarding the compartment with Marlene. Marlene was munching on a piece of chocolate, her cheeks bulging as she tried to speak.

Rylie settled into her seat and looked out the window, watching the countryside blur by as the Hogwarts Express picked up speed. She couldn't wait to see her friends and start a new year of magical adventures.

As Marlene finally swallowed her chocolate, she turned to Rylie and said, "I hope we get a new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher this year. The last one was a nightmare."

Rylie nodded in agreement, remembering the chaotic and dangerous class they had with the previous teacher. "Yeah, I heard the Ministry is finally sending someone competent this time," she replied.

Lily Evans, Rylie's friend, joined them after finishing her prefect duties. She looked tired but relieved.

"Hey, Lily!" Rylie greeted her with a smile. "How was it?"