Chapter 8

December, 1912

December, 1912

Helena sighes and walks down the stairs to her brother.  But before she can greet him he pulls her into  a hug.  

She laughs "William! Put me down."  He does and she looks at him smiling. 

"I have missed you sister."  He smiles, Helena has always been his favorite of all their siblings. 

She smiles "I have missed you too but what are you doing here?"  

He chuckles "Well as i was on my way home i found out that you were still here.  So i was thinking that tomorrow we both go home."

She looks at him shocked "What?"  This is a bad idea.  

He nods happily "Yeah and then we suprise mother and father, they'll be so happy."

She sighes "William... I can't."  She feels her heart breaking. 

He is confused "What? What do you mean?"

She takes a deep breath "I can't go home."

Now He is even more confused "What do you mean?"

She looks at him with tears in her eyes.  "Because our parents doesn't want me to."

Margaret was laughing with Mary, Mr. Pamuk and Evelyn Napier.  Most of Mary's attention was on Mr. Pamuk but what confused was that Evelyn was only focusing at her.  Doesn't he like Mary?

The leader of the hunt blows his whistle.  Margaret smiles "It starts."

Mary turns to the man that Robert had asked to look after Mary and Margaret.  "Lynch, you don't have to stay with me."

He looks at her unsure "But your lordship asked me to."

"It's a waste of your day and i think Margaret is fine too."

He turns to her and she nods "Yes, i'm fine. Mary is right."

"But... the lordship said.."  He tries to say but Evelyn cuts him off. 

"Don't worry, I'll look after them."  But his focus is mostly on Margaret. 

"We'll keep our business to keep them from harm, promise."  Mr. Kampuk tells them as they ride off. 

William and Helena sits down.  She might lose her brother in seconds.  

"What do you mean our parents doesn't want you home?"  He aks confused. 

She sighes and looks at her brother "Okay, look.  When i tell you this there might be apart of you that doesn't want anything to do with me."

William shakes his head "No.  No matter what it is, i'll be here."

She takes a deep breath."The thing is that i prefer the company of women over men.  I had a relationship with my lady's maid and our parents found out and they sent me here because right now they don't wanna see me.  I understand if you hate me."  She looks down.