Chapter 14

August, 1913

August, 1913

That Julia is shocked when she hears the words coming out of Margaret's mouth. 

"You love Matthew?"  Julia asks if what she heard is true.   Margaret nods.  "I do."

"How long have you felt this way?"  Julia asks.  Margaret takes a deep breath.  "Since the fair."

Julia is shocked to hear that but before she can say anything else,  Margaret takes a hold of her hands. 

"Should i tell him because i really don't know what to do."  Margaret looks at her with pleading eyes.  Julia sighes.  "Margaret, i don't know my brother's heart.   But i do know that he cares about you so you should tell him, not only for him but for yourself." 

"I should?" Margaret asks.  Julia nods.  Margaret let's go of her hands and stands up.  "Thank you, sorry for bothering you."  Julia stands up and hugs her.  "No problem, you're always welcome here."  Margaret pulls away and nods before walking out.   As Julia hear the door closing,  she gives a sighes.  Because she knows Matthew is falling for someone and she's pretty sure it's not Margaret. 

Today is Gwen's interview but Helena can't follow her so Sybil will, she is so kind.  The reason why Helena can't follow her is because her parents are coming to downton today.  That she is freaking out would be an understatement. 

The door opens and there she sees Margaret.  Helena sighes.  "Where have you been? I'm freaking out over here."   Margaret closes the door.  "I'm sorry, i really am.  How are you feeling?"

Helena looks at her like she's kidding.  "How am i?  Well let's see my parents who i haven't seen in almost a year are coming here to probably disown me.  Yeah, i'm fine." 

Margaret sighes.  "That was a stuL B-pid question."  Helena closes her eyes and she feels the tears falling.  "I can't do this."   She falls to the floor and starts crying.   Margaret sits down.  "Hey, look at me."   Helena shakes her shead.  "Look at me."  Margaret says in a serious tone.  Finally Helena looks at her. 

"Who cares what they think.  You are Helena Astor and you're my best friend.  You have Gwen who loves you.  If they can't see that,  they are fools."   Helena looks at her best friend with teary eyes.  "Thank you."   Margaret smiles and pulls her into a hug.  When they pull away, Margaret pull Helena to her feet. 

Margaret wipes Helena's face.  "Now we will go downstairs and face them and i'll be with you every step of the way, okay."   Helena takes a deep breath and nods.  "Okay." 

They walk out of Helena's room.  With their arms linked together, they walk down the stairs and out to the entrance where the rest of the Crawley family, except Sybil are standing waiting for Helena's parents to arrive. 

After a while of waiting, they see a car driving into the driveway and Helena starts breathing heavily.  Margaret can feel her panicking, she takes a hold of Helena's hand to try to calm her down.  It does help but just a little. 

The driver walks out to open the door to the car.   First walks Helena's father out and after him her mother comes out.  But what she didn't expect was her brother William to walk out after him, seeing him makes her feel at ease. 

First her parents walks up to Lord and Lady Grantham.  "Duke and Duchess Sutherland, welcome."    The duke put his hand up.  "Please Robert, call me Henry, we're friends. "  The duchess smiles.  "And please call me  Charlotte.  It's the least we can do when you have taken care of our daughter."   Cora smiles.  "It was nothing. Your daughter is a fine young woman."   Charlotte nods.  "I'm glad to hear that." henry turn around to introduce William. "You have met our eldest, our son William." Robert smiles and nods. "We have, thank you for coming." William nods. "Thank you for letting us visit. My dear wife would have loved to come but we didn't want to risk anything with the pregnacy." Cora smiles. "Of course. You and her are welcome to visit after the baby has arrived." William nods. "Thank you Lady Grantham."
Cora turns to the duke and duchess. "Do you want to see your daughter?" The duke and duchess only answer with a nod.
Cora leads them to where Helena and Margaret are standing. That Helena is scared is an understatement.
"Lady Helena Astor, your daughter." Cora presents her. Helena takes a deep breath before looking at her parents who she hasn't seen in almost a year.

the duke looks at his eldest daughter in a way that not even Helena can tell what he feels.
"Daughter." "Father." Helena Answers back.
"Have you been good." Her father asks.

"Yes, Father i have." Helena what her father really meant when he asked that but she wouldn't let him get to her.
He nods. "Good." And before Helena can say anything more, he takes her mother's hand and walks back to Lord and Lady Grantham. Helena breathes out a deep breath, Margaret is still holding her hand.

"Can someone show us our room?." Her father asks Robert. With that the butler mr. Carson walks up. "Let one of our footmen do that, Thomas."
Thomas opens the door for them and shows them the way inside as an another footman takes their luggage.

Helena feels she can breath again and she then sees that her brother William is still outside so she walks up to him.

He gives her a big hug. She sighes in relief. "I'm so glad you're here." He nods before pulling away. "Can we talk, in private."
Hearing on her brother's tone it doesn't sound good. She nods. "Let's go to my room."

With that Helena walks inside with William by her side. All she knows is that this visit is not gonna be easy.

AUTHOR'S NOTE

so... Helena's parents are here. Will she get disowned? Will Margaret confess her feelings for Matthew? I hope you guys like this chapter and pls tell me your thoughts.