Chapter 13

July 30, 1913

July 30, 1913

There are screams hearing from the hospital.  It's Julia, she's in labour.   her mother Isobel is holding her hand, her husband and brother are not allowed in the room.   

"Okay Julia, it's time to push."  Doctor Clarkson tells her.  Julia looks at her mother who nods to her.   With that Julia starts to push and screams in a way she has never before.   She stops and breathes heavily.   Doctor Clarkson looks down and sees the head of the baby.  

"Okay Julia, one more push and this baby is out."  Julia nods and starts pushing and she doesn't stop until she hears the cries she has been waiting for.   She stops, breathing heavily.   

She looks at Doctor Clarkson that's now holding her baby.   "Is my child alright?"  He looks at her and smiles as he gives the baby to one of the nurses.  "Congratulations Mrs. Jones.  You have a healthy baby boy."    Julia laughs with tears in her eyes.   The nurse brings her son to him and puts him in  her arms.  Isobel smiles proud at her daughter.  "Good job, my dear."    

Julia can't keep her eyes off him.  "He's perfect."  She looks up at Dr. Clarkson.  "Bring my  husband and my brother."   Doctor Clarkson nods and opens the door and with that Matthew and Jack walks inside.  

"Are you alright?"  Jack asks anxious.  She smiles.  "We have a son."   Jack takes a deep breath.  "I have a son?"  She nods.  Jack walks over to the bed and kisses her.   She looks at him with a big smile.  "Do you want to hold him?"   He nods and with that Julia hands their son over to him and Jack smiles at his son.    Matthew smiles,  his baby sister is a mother now.  

"Mother, let's go and let the new parents have alone time with their son."  Matthew tells Isobel.  She nods and walks out with Matthew and the door closes.  

Jack looks up at Julia.  "Are you still sure about the name?"   She looks at their son and smiles.  "I am."  She looks at Jack.  "Are you?"   He nods "I am."   She smiles.  "Albert Peter Jones.  It's perfect."   Jack looks at her.  "I love you so much."   She smiles at him.  "I love you too."   He kisses her and she kisses him back right away.    They pull away and look back at their son who's now sleeping in his father's arms.   Julia have never been happier.  

August,  1913

In only a few days Helena's parents Henry Astor and Charlotte Astor  are arriving and Helena is very anxious.   Suddenly the door opens to her room and she turns around and sees Sybil.  "Sybil, how are you?"   She smiles "I'm good, can i come in?"   Helena nods and Sybil walks inside and closes the door behind her.   She turns to Helena and shows her a letter and Helena  knows exactly what it is.   She hugs Sybil right away.  "She's gonna be so happy."   Sybil pulls away.  "Is she on her way?"   Helena nods.  Sybil gives Helena the letter.  "So now you can tell her."  Helena nods as Sybil walks out and closes the door.  

Not long after the door opens and it's Gwen.  Helena smiles at her and takes her hand and pulls her in.  Gwen chuckles and closes the door.  Helena doesn't waste a second and kisses Gwen.  Gwen kisses her back quickly and chuckles.  "What was that for?"  Helena smiles.  "just missed you."  Gwen smiles.  "We saw eachother yesterday."   Helena smiles.  "I know.  But i have something for you."  Gwen looks at her confused.  "What?"  

With that Helena gives Gwen the letter.  "What is this?"  Gwen asks even more confused.   Helena smiles "Open it."  Gwen looks at her confused but starts opening it.  When she starts reading it, it doesn't take long until she looks up at Helena in shock.  "Are you serious?"  Helena smiles nodding.  

Gwen shakes her head, even more confused.  "I don't understand.  I didn't applied for any position."  Helena smiles.  "Sybil did and she told me."   Gwen looks at her.   "But you didn't tell me."  

Helena sighes takes a few steps closer to her.  "Neither of us wanted to get your hopes up."  Gwen smiles with tears in her eyes.  "I thought you had given up."  

"Neither me or Sybil will give up and neither will you."   Helena tells her.  Gwen smiles and answers with kissing Helena and giving her a hug.  "Thank you."  Helena holds her tight.   "It's tomorrow at 10."  

Gwen pulls away suprised.  "Last time we had to wait for weeks and now this one is tomorrow."   Helena smiles.  "Yes and we will be ready for it."   Gwen smiles back at her.  

It's now been a month since Julia gave birth to her son and they are back home.  She is sitting in the dining room reading while Albert is sleeping upstairs.   Mr.  Molesely walks in.   "Mrs. Jones, Lady Margaret Crawley is here."   Julia smiles.  "Let her in and thank you, Mr. Molesley."  

Molesley bows and opens the door for Margaret.  Julia stands up.  "Lady Margaret, what can i do for you."   Margaret smiles but Julia can see that something is on her mind.  "Can we talk?"  Julia nods.  "Of course, please sit."  They sit down by the table.   

"If i knew you were coming, i would have made sure that we had some tea and biscuits."  Julia tells her.   Margaret shakes her head.  "There is no need.  Congrats on your son."   Julia smiles.  "Thank you.  His name is Albert."   But Julia can see something is bothering Margaret.  

"But you didn't come her to congratulate on my child, did you?"  Julia asks her.  Margaret starts breathing heavily.   Julia takes Margaret's hand in her own to calm her down.  "Hey.  I know we don't know eachother that well but you can tell me, whatever it is."  

Margaret nods and takes a deep breath.  "As you probably have heard i have been courted of Evelyn Napier since december last year and he's amazing, the perfect man, any woman would be lucky to marry him.  But i got a letter from him yesterday that he is coming to downton in a few days and he wants to speak with me.  I think he's planning to propose."  

Julia is confused and chuckles.  "Well that's great news isn't?"  Margaret stands up.  "It should be but i know that if Evelyn asks me to marry him, i will have to say no."    "Why?"  Julia asks confused,  she thinks Evelynd sounds really great.   "Because i'm in love with someone else."  Margaret answers with tears in her eyes.    Julia has a feeling that it's someone she knows.   "Who?"  

Margaret takes a deep breath.  "It's Matthew.  I'm in love with Matthew."  

AUTHOR NOTE

Julia has given birth to her and Jack's child and it's a boy!!!  Gwen has gotten a new job interview and Helena is very nervous about her parents arriving soon.   Margaret has told Julia about her feelings for Matthew.  What will Julia say?   I hope you guys like this chapter and pls tell me your thoughts.