A Sign Of Hope

"Argh! STARSCREAM!!!" Megatron yelled as he whacked Starscream to the side. "Master please let me explain!" Starscream cried. "No! Not only did you fail to harm the Autobots, but you let them get away.........WITH THE ARTEFACT!!!" Megatron screamed and hit Starscream once again. "Your failure is unacceptable." Megatron slowly walked up to Starscream with his blade, ready to punish Starscream. "Please Lord Megatron! I beg of you, just let me show you what we returned with!" Starscream pleaded. Megatron thought about it for a moment and drew back his blade. "Very well, but, Starscream, if it turns out to be nothing of importance, your punishment will be........most severe." Megatron threatened. Starscream scurried away to find Knockout and to retrieve what they had found. "Agh...Knockout." Starscream said while clutching the wall, finding it difficult to stand up straight on his own. "Starscream! What happened to you?! You need medical attention immediately." Knockout said with a hint of concern in his voice. Knockout approached Starscream in order to aid him to the bench. Starscream waved a gentle hand in front of him, "No...I-I'm fine, where's the artefact?" Starscream questioned. Knockout ran to his lab, grabbed the artefact and handed it to Starscream. Starscream slowly walked back to Megatron with Knockout by his side aiding him. "Lord Megatron, this is what we retrieved." Starscream said. Megatron walked up to Starscream and snatched the artefact right out of his hand. "Do either of you know what it is?!" Megatron questioned both Starscream and Knockout in a harsh tone. "Well, I have examined this artefact and by its markings and shape it seems to be missing a half, perhaps it's a key of some sort, but once it's reunited with its other half, I have no idea what they will do." Knockout said slightly frightened of what his master would think. "A key hmm?.......Oh! Impossible!" Megatron said surprised. "Um might I ask what it is you are referring to?" Knockout said very cautiously. Starscream did not exactly care at this point, he was hurt, badly, and needed medical attention as Knockout had said. "This was just a myth until now, Knockout. These two keys have the power to.....revive Cybertron!" Megatron explained. "Unbelievable! Well how do we do it?!" Knockout said quite joyously. "We would need both keys and we must be in Cybertron to activate them, for they will not work unless in the atmosphere of that such as Cybertrons. But I am guessing Prime got away with the other half?!" Megatron asked as he leaned in closer to Knockout. "Um yes master, the Autobots got away with the other half." Knockout said rapidly returning back to his state of fear. "Hmm no matter. Once Prime finds out what it is he will want Cybertron revived as we do. He will hand over the key if he wants Cybertron to live once again." Megatron said with an evil smirk.

Ratchet had been thoroughly examining this artefact for quite some time and had just figured out what it was. "Optimus! This is a key. But it requires another half in order to fulfil its purpose. That which I don't know." Ratchet explained. "Interesting. According to legend, during the Great War on Cybertron, in the event our world was destroyed once the war was over, these keys had been made. A way to revive Cybertron and live there once again." Optimus said. "What?! A way to revive Cybertron?! Then what are we waiting for lets do it!" Smokescreen said excitedly. "Optimus, how do we do it?" Swipeswipe questioned. "Duh we just put the key in a key hole. Simple. As. That." Ironhide said with a proud smile across his face. "Not precisely Ironhide, we need to be in the atmosphere in Cybertron and there is a lock on Cybertron." Optimus explained. "Sweet! We can just space bridge to Cybertron and revive Cybertron. Happy ending and we get our planet back!" Jazz said with his arms behind his head. "If only it were as simple as that." Optimus said while staring at the key they possessed. "Huh? What do you mean Optimus?" Smokescreen asked. "There is not only one key needed to revive Cybertron. There are two. And we must find this second key before the Decepticons do. Or else I fear Cybertron will not be revived." Optimus said. "Then let's starta' lookin'!" Jazz said optimistically. The Autobots were unaware that the Decepticons possessed the second key as they kept an eye on the computer for any unknown energy signatures identical to the one of the key.

Back on the The Nemesis, the Decepticon warship, Knockout and Starscream had left Megatron to worry about their own matters. "Starscream. You need medical attention right away." Knockout said once again. "Knockout I told you I'm fine." Starscream said avoiding his offer once again. "Just a bit of rest and that'll be it." Knockout advised. "Agh........fine." Starscream gave in. He left to lie down in Knockouts lab, which was located in the left wing of the ship. Starscream went out in two minutes from the unbearable pain. While he was resting Knockout tended to his wounds and repaired him. Starscream awoke about 45 minutes later, "Ughhh." moaned Starscream as he slowly rose from the operating bench. "Woah woah take it easy your still wounded and sore. I simply repaired your injuries but you'll be sore for the next couple of days. You really took a beating." Knockout explained. "Well it'll be the last!" Starscream with hatred towards Megatron. "We need to retrieve that key and take it from the Autobots." Starscream said. "Yes maybe WE, as in the Decepticons and not you, should retrieve the other key. You need to rest and if you fail again and Megatron punishes you again I'm not sure how long it will take for you to recover this time." Knockout warned. "Agh fine. YOU take the troopers and get the key." Starscream ordered. "Hmm good plan just one thing. How are we going to get the key? It's not like they'll bring it around with them everywhere they go." Knockout questioned. "Hmm perhaps we could hold one of their Autobots hostage, or even, one if their human friends." Starscream explained with a smirk across his face. Knoockout agreed with Starscream and left Starscream to rest in the lab.

Knockout then appeared in front of Megatron. "What is it?!" Megaton said impatiently. "My lord, Starscream and I have come up with a plan to retrieve the second key." Knockout said. "I'm listening." Megatron said, suddenly shifting all his attention towards Knockout. "Well we thought that we could hold one of the Autobots hostage and if that proves to be too difficult we can resort to kidnapping the human ally." Knockout explained. "Hmm an interesting plan. How do you go about kidnapping the child? Hmm" Megatron questioned. "Leave that to me I'll think of something to get the child aboard the Nemesis." Knockout assured. "Hmm. Go. kidnap the child and return him to me." Megatron ordered. "And what of Starscream?" Megatron asked. "Um he's in my lab resting, I've repaired his wounds." Knockout said, thinking to himself that he should've lied to Megatron about Starscreams position. "Ok, go." Megatron said. "Do not worry, I'll will not disturb him." Megatron said noticing the look on Knockouts face. "Good, ok then, um I'll go now." Knockout said relieved. He left to kidnap one of the humans and bargain with the child for the key.