Ch. 3 - Bitter

Laying in my bed I looked over at my 4-year-old Cane Corso, Cerberus, as he was biting one of his toy bones. I yawned and noticed that the time read '12 pm', it was officially "Kontos Sisters Sunday Shopping" day.

  I face-timed the "KS" GC while feeding Cerberus his breakfast, and they both answered the call almost immediately. Even though both Demeter and Hestia looked tired, they were up brushing their teeth.

      "Who's driving today?" I asked, putting away the dog food. Hestia raised her hand before using her mouthwash and turning away from the camera to choose her hijab for the day. I think she chose a baby blue one with a white one to go underneath. I brushed my teeth before looking through my closet for an outfit, it was going to be cold as fuck today sadly.

    I put on a furry white mini bodycon dress, and saw the most perfect light black stockings and slipped them on; matching it with a pair of white faux fur knee high boots. I turned to my camera and saw my sisters moving on to doing their makeup.

  "Should I go blonde or black today?" I asked them, holding up the wigs in the camera, they both chose the blonde one.

       I had braided my hair back last night so while I was going through the process of putting my hair together I noticed that I didn't see Iasion in Demeter's camera.

  "Demeter, ¿dónde está Iaison (Demeter, where is Iaison)?" She thought for a moment before answering, "He's by his mom, she's feeling hungrier than usual."

 I gave her a look that read 'be fucking for real' and she rolled her eyes.

      "She pissed me off okay??"

  Hestia put her makeup brush down and looked at the phone wide-eyed, "You didn't-" and she covered her mouth. She did not just get this woman pregnant.

    "Look, she's gonna be fine in a few hours. She'll only feel the effects, there isn't an actual baby growing inside of her." Demeter explained, I burst out laughing and Hestia was stifling a laugh. I didn't feel like pressing on so I just did a natural look for the day and curled my wig to give it a wave effect. 

  Hestia arrived 20 minutes later and I slid into the backseat, Demeter sitting beside her in the passenger seat. The song playing was "Bitter" by Summer Walker, perfectly describing Demeter.

   "What mall are we going to today?" Hestia asked, pulling out of the parking garage.

  "Columbus Circle," I already had my mind made up. The last time we didn't decide on which mall to go to, we ended up staying out until 2 AM, with our hair messy and drunker than a sailor. I shudder thinking about my alcohol intake that night.

      "Let's get something to eat first," Hestia suggested, heading in the direction of the Pearl Diner. We had been going there since we were 13 when school was over to get a sandwich before going home. Mom would always tell us not to go there because of how far it was from the condo, but when you're hungry you have to do what you have to do. We never got hurt so it was really anti-climatic.

   Hestia pulled into the parking lot and I almost fell out of the backseat, she was a terrible driver.

    When we were all out of the car, she locked the doors while we walked to the entrance. Hearing the bell ding, Mrs. Callas turned our way and smiled brightly. She was an old woman in her 70s, but she walked around like she was a fresh 20-year-old. She has owned Pearl Diner ever since she turned 22, it's a family restaurant that was made in 1920. We basically thought of her as our 2nd mom/grandma, she even came to our holiday dinners with her family.

  "Ah! The Kontos sisters! What brings you here?" She asked and hugged all three of us.

     "We just came to grab something to eat before going shopping," Demeter explained. Mrs. Callas nodded and brought us to an empty table.

"Well, I didn't expect to see you here, Hera."