Ch. 5 - I'm Your Baby Tonight

Hera's POV

   I pretended I didn't hear her voice and when I looked over at her it seemed like she was a little bit disappointed. I put on a smile and made eye contact with her, "Hello Mari."

  Mariana blushed at this and immediately looked away after, well excuse me. Mrs. Callas sat us down at a table, and we ordered our usuals before she went to the kitchen to tell them our orders. I felt Mari's eyes burning the back of my head and I opened my instagram to see that I had a new follower, that wasn't unusual since I earned a few followers every few weeks. I checked the profile to see that it was Mariana's, weird. The only thing that we had in common was that we were both following Lil Nas X, I put my phone on the table and shook my head.

  "You okay?" Hestia asked, shaking my shoulders.

 "I'm fine, I'm just ready to get this day started." Demeter took a sip from her sprite and took a picture of all three of us. I heard a cough from behind me and turned around, Mariana waved at me and I waved back. I think she took this as a signal to switch seats with Iris, which it totally wasn't.

    "So you didn't call me," she said. She was right, I didn't call her because I didn't expect to see her again.

 "Yeah I was a little busy and didn't have the time," I lied right through my teeth and I think she noticed.

    "Well, are you free tonight? I can take you on that date I offered."

  I thought about this, do I really want to go out with her? I looked her up and down and noticed the Chanel bracelet she was wearing, so she has money. Maybe it's a gift, don't be so materialistic. My sisters looked at me and nodded, well you only live once.

 "Where do you want to go?" She seemed to brighten a little when I asked her that.

 "I can cook dinner for us at my house and we can watch a movie together," She suggested.

   "Sounds lovely." She outstretched her phone to me and I raised an eyebrow.

 "For your number, and also so I know where to pick you up from," She chuckled a bit at the last part and I typed in both my number and address.

  I heard a ding from the kitchen, letting us know that our food was ready. Mrs. Callas brought out the food for all of us and smiled before turning on her heel, serving the new guests. 

We paid our tab after we finished eating and stood up from the booth. I had noticed that Mariana and Iris didn't order anything, only drinks. If they didn't see anything they liked then why didn't they leave? This weirded me out a little but not everyone likes the menu and that's normal. Exiting the diner, I felt Mariana drop something into my bag, how did I know it was her? I saw her red almond nails reach into my purse.

  I didn't open my bag until we got back into Hestia's car because I wanted to be sure that I was out of her view.

  I opened my bag and saw a pair of 14 Karat diamond stud earrings, I almost dropped it. 

I showed my sisters and their mouths were wide open.

  "Didn't you just meet her?" Hestia questioned, she was right, we did just meet. But who cares, earrings are earrings.

 I changed the pair of hoops I had on for the studs and took a picture with them on, posting it to my instagram. And guess who my first viewer was? Mariana.

  We drove out of the parking lot and the first thing on my mind was my date with her.