▬▬ 𝟎𝟗 ∙ 𝝩𝗿𝗶𝗮❙𝘀 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝝩𝗿𝗶𝗯𝘂❙𝗮𝘁𝗶𝝾𝗻𝘀

・ 。゚☆: *.☽

˚✩ ⋆。 ✩┊ 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐧 𝐃𝐚𝐲𝐬 ┊✦ ˚ · .

▬▬ 09 ∙ 𝚃𝚛𝚒𝚊𝚕𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚃𝚛𝚒𝚋𝚞𝚕𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗𝚜

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

FINNICK WAKES me up before Moxie does, knocking on the door and peeking in. "Who is it?" I groan, throwing the covers over my face.

"Finnick. I just came to make sure you're up."

"Is this revenge for waking you up yesterday?"

"I didn't mean it that way but sure." He comes in and sits on the foot of my bed; I fling the covers off and sit up. "Listen, I need you to take Annie and Caspian to their stylists. They're the same as your year, Aqua and Voanerges - or however you pronounce it - and I trust you know where to go?" I nod and he smiles. "I'm sorry I can't come with you, but I have something to do."

"Where are you going to be?"

"I think you can guess," he says, his voice dropping, my heart dropping with it. They can't wait, I think bitterly. "But I'll be back in time to watch the parade." He stands up and starts to leave.

"Finnick, wait! Where do I go while they're getting ready?"

"There's a special room where the victors hang out. You can get to know them better there. Don't worry, they're good people, however scary they seem. Just follow the signs." He takes a look down the hallway. "Moxie's coming. Better run." I quickly leap out of bed and change out of my nightclothes.

"Ah, Finnick! Is Cordelia awake?"

"No, I'm just casually talking to a sleeping person."

"I don't need all of this, young man!" Moxie stomps into my room, agitated, wig slanted. I run out of the changing area, adjusting my shirt, to meet her. "Good, you're up! Hurry, both of you, to breakfast! Quickly, we're on–"

"A schedule. We know," I finish for her, closing the door behind me.

She sighs and throws her hands up in exasperation. "You two are going to be the reason I resign..."

"All good fun, Moxie, you know that. Come on, Finnick. Can't keep the Capitol waiting," I say with a hint of humor. Behind us, Moxie fixes her wig and pushes in front of us.

"That was enjoyable," Finnick whispers to me.

"Moxie's just too easy to annoy," I say loud enough for Moxie to hear. Sure enough, she turns around abruptly and crosses her arms.

"Enough! I can hear you, you know?" she snaps, turning back around. She shakes her head as if to clear away the negative emotions and walks into the dining room like she's the star in a parade. Annie and Caspian are waiting for us, already being served by Capitol assistants. 

Suddenly, the crowd outside begins to cheer, the sounds deafening even on the train. "And the fun begins," I say. Annie and Caspian stare at the screaming, trying to figure out why. 

I sit down next to Annie as a plate of food is slid in front of me. Finnick sits across from me, flashing a smile at the squealing women pressed at the front, trying to get a glimpse of him. "Ladies and gentlemen," I say through a mouth of bread. "Meet Finnick Odair, the one who's making everyone out there go insane." 

"Well, how do you know it's not you, Cory?"

"Because it's the women who are tripping over their dresses to see you."