The First Mission

(Y/N) pov

(Y/n), I leave this with you. A black-roped figure hands our protagonist a black case-like bag which, judging by the shape, contains a sword. From now on you will have to rely on yourself. Make companions, struggle, fight, survive.....live. I know you're capable of so much. You just have to trust in your own ability.

Wait.. Don't go, please. I-I-I can't- I don't want to be alone.......Please don't leave Fa-

I woke up with a cold sweat and my hand extended towards the ceiling. The same dream again.... Its become more and more often and even more vivid.... That day-

My thoughts were interrupted as a strange pitch-black crow was staring me dead in the eyes. I stared back at it for awhile before it spoke "*caw* Good morning, (Y/n)-sama".

I rubbed my eyes for a bit before lightly removing the blankets off me, getting up from my futon "Damnn, this birds are startin to take advantage" I said with exhaustion imminent in my voice.

I reached for the broom which stood by the window before walking to the birds direction and raising it above my shoulders.

"SE~NO" with this smoothly tuned words I began to whack at the crow, ignoring its *gawks*, *krrs* and *caws*. "Wait wait,master. *CAW* WATCH THE WINGS". I seized my attacks when I heard a strange word during the birds cries. "Master?" I asked confusingly.

"HAI *KRR* I am your appointed Kasugai Crow" The crow squealed.

"OHHH, why didn't you just say so from the beginning, you lucky I didn't get too serious." I said as I dropped the broom and sat down in front of the bird crossing my legs.

"W-well (Y/n)-sama did not give me a chance to state my business." the crow claimed with a sweat dripping from his 'forehead?'. Not sure if birds have those. 

"ANYHOW" The bird yelled, raising its wings in the air, full of energy. Its too early for this sorta vibe I thought to myself

"I will now  proclaim the message sent to you from the Demon Corps *Ahem*" The crow continued. Did he just ahem? "(Y/n) is to accompany the Flower Hashira and her underling. They are to meet up in Nakano, a City in the South-East. There have been reports of young men and women disappearing. The slayers are to investigate these disappearances and if a demon is the cause, they are to kill it without delay.

"A HASHIRA???" I shouted causing the house to shake a bit, waking up Zenitsu and Kaigaku.

"Nii-san you're too loud" Zenitsu said as he walked in with Kaigaku following him.

"WOW, whats that? a bird?" Kaigaku shouted excitedly as he grasped the bird in his hands.

"*GAWK* Let go you imbecile.. *CAW* again, let go of my wings!!" The crow continued his cries as I was lost in thought. Joining a hashira? On my first missing? This is too soon, usually hashira's are sent out to tough ranked missions. Does this mean the demon could be a strong one? Can I eve-

My thoughts were interrupted when my earlier dream came to memory. '...you're capable of so much'....Those words... "..They're really unfair." I accidentally spoke out my thoughts raising the attention of Zenitsu who was previously watching Kaigaku harass the crow.

"Nii-san what did you say?" he asked tilting his head at me. "O-oh no its nothin really. Anyways now that we're all up, lets have some breakfast. I need to get ready for my first mission." I brushed off Zenitsu's question but it only sparked him on after he heard I was going on my first mission, even Kaigaku rushed to me after hearing what I said.