link (v)

The three had made it to Link's house in Hateno. As usual, he was still asleep. (Name) knocked at the door while bellowing for Oni to hide somewhere.

"He's probably just woken up, you'll scare the crap out of him." The deity rolled his eyes and sat at the fire beside Link's house. 

The door opened and a sleepy Link tumbled out.

"Good morning, you lovely idiot." He grumbled in response. "Yeah, I know. You need to wake up though because I have something crazy to tell you."

"Hm? What is it?" 

Oni stood up and walked over, scaring the soul out of Link. 

"Oh my god, what is that?!" Oni scowled at Link, causing him to back up a bit. "And why is he, like, double my height?"

"Because you're short. This is that deity I was telling you about."

"You actually summoned him?!"

"Of course I did! I'm a witch!" He hummed and nodded.

"Is this the man we were looking for?" Oni chimed in. I nodded. "Then grab him and let's go."

"I'm not even dressed! Give me a break."

We waited at the fire until he was ready. 

"So, explain why you need me?" I looked at Oni expectingly. He huffed and began.

"Have you heard of the ancient demon, Majora?"

"Sort of."

"It is an ancient evil. The hero of Time defeated Majora, using a powerful mask; The Fierce Deity's mask, also known as the Kishin mask."

"Kishin translates to Oni god or Onigami, which shortens to 'Oni', our friend here." I chimed in, proud of my limitless knowledge. He nodded, almost surprised.

"Majora has not been seen since said ancient battle, but we are under threat. His essence... it's back. He has returned."

"How can you be so sure?"

"Its eminence is too familiar to me not to recognize. Believe me or not, your land is in danger; if you don't want to do anything about it, that's fine. You are the hero, are you not? Aren't you supposed to protect your kingdom?" Blush rose from Link's neck to his cheeks, reaching his long ears.

"I will gladly risk my life for Hyrule." 

"Then you should listen to me."

"So what's our plan?" Link asked.

"Are we just gonna wait, or...?" 

My face started to heat up. I didn't know. I had assumed someone else would make the plan.

"I think we should get the queen involved," Oni said, saving me. "If she was aware, she could warn people when the kingdom comes under attack."

"Well, eventually there will be no hiding it from Zelda."

"We'll definitely need to, but I think we should wait until something actually happens. We don't want to have a commotion over something we don't even know is going to happen yet." The three of them nodded in agreement. 

We had gone to my house. I scavenged to find a piece of paper and something to write with. Link walked over to me.

"Come, walk with me outside." We headed to the front porch. "I think you're taking great responsibility by trying to do this, but I really think you shouldn't trouble yourself. You might get yourself hurt."

"You say that like I haven't trained all my life in magic. Not only that, but I grew up Sheikah. I've picked some things up along the way."

One of the more trained an experienced girls in the village, Kiira, was rapidly approaching us.

"Master Link, (Name). A fire has been spotted in Hateno. It seems to be the house at the back of the village." Link and I shared a glance. "That... that appears to be your house, Master Link."

Sorry for making Ms. Doyoh vanish half way through lmao. Also why do I have 6 goddamn chapters of this and nobody's reading it omg

Ok why is it that whenever I want to write a book, some random ass bus driver pretends he's kidnapping me. 

Like sir.

WHERE ARE WE GOING.

© Nintendo and @pr0phet_ofdoom (me!)