fire (vi)

We rushed to the site of the fire. Link stopped in his tracks. The bridge was broken, his house was destroyed.

"Link? Link, it's going to be ok." He looked at me, bewildered.

"The picture."

"What picture?" Kofi said, her and Oni catching up behind us.

"The one of the champions." I muttered.

The residents of Hateno had made it over the broken bridge to put out the fire. A long, thick piece of plywood was being used as a makeshift bridge. We crossed to help put out the fire and salvage any remains.

A piece of paper flew out and landed in front of us.

It was the picture of the champions.

Link dropped to his knees and grabbed it. A smile of relief crept onto his face. The picture was slightly charred at the edges. The champions really did live on.

"What about your sword?" Oni asked from behind us.

"It's not harmed, I'm sure. It's fire-resistant. Come to think of it, it's resistant of a lot of things."

As if on command, a blinding blue light emitted from the charred remains of what was once Link's house. The source of the light flew at us, scaring the crap out of me. Link caught it without hesitation. He smirked.

"There wasn't much in my house. These were the two main things."

"What about your horse?" A look of panic shot on his face, dissapearing as quickly as it had appeared.

"She's fine. She's in Kakariko."

We stood in a reminicant silence. We all knew what this meant. We knew what this was.

This was a warning. Majora was warning us. He knew, and now Hyrule was in immediate danger.

We were in danger.

fuck the timeline.