When It Becomes Too Much

POV Rosalie

When Sidney and I are finally released from the infirmary it feels like a breath of fresh air, plus I have trust issues with them now.

"Hey, where's Edward, Myra, and Al? And Molly and Drew?" I ask my friends as I sit on Miles.

"Drew stabbed Edward in the eye to try to get in Peter's good books, Molly conspired with him, Al was sent to a mental hospital in Erudite due having schizophrenia, and Myra followed Edward into going factionless. You were right about Edward." Four lists off.

"Damn. You miss three weeks and you miss all the drama." Sidney says, arm around Skyler.

"You already told us this didn't you?" I ask with narrowed eyes.

"More or less." Four says with a shrug.

"Who all presented?" Sidney asks.

"Will, Mia, Tris, and Marlene. Eric, Uriah, and I have claimed our mates and Christina has gone from bitching about Will and Tris being allowed into the Middle or Amity to teasing them about their mates or lack thereof." Four updates.

"I'm not very fond of that girl." I say.

"Same." Jeremy and Lucy say in unison.

Before we can say anything else a hoard of initiates come up to us. I surprise myself by whimpering at them and I hate myself for it.

"Stop!" Four orders and the six initiates that were coming to talk to us screech to a halt. "They're still healing, so turn around and leave them be."

Peter doesn't listen and sits next to his brother while Tris hesitates, but the others do as they're told.

Alpha. I whimper to Miles.

"We're gonna head out. We'll see you all later." Miles says, getting up and taking my hand.

We walk to our apartment hand-in-hand, and the second the door closes behind us I fall onto the ground and begin crying. Miles takes me in his arms and holds me close.

"It's okay, baby. Shut down. I've got it from here." He says and I do. I stop thinking. I let out all the pain and worry and anger and fear and I just sob. Eventually my sobs turn to whimpers and I lean against Miles. He picks me up and puts me on the couch.

"Where are you going?" I demand worriedly when he puts me down and stands up.

"I'm getting snacks. I'm not going anywhere." He promises me before kissing my forehead. I curl into a ball and stare at the floor.

Okay, so we have chocolate or popcorn. We have brownies too, but I guess that counts as chocolate. I made sure that the chocolate is the brand that doesn't upset your stomach. I still don't completely understand lactose intolerance all that much besides just avoid all milk products, which you ignore so you can have ice cream. Miles says, talking nonsense as he messes around in the kitchen. When he gets back he puts the plate of brownies with chocolate bars and the bowl of popcorn as well as the drinks he'd chosen on the coffee table before grabbing a blanket and wrapping it around us.

"I feel weak. I'm not a weak person, but I can't-I can't keep going. I'm tired." I say as I lean into him again.

"Leadership worked you into the ground and violated your trust, Rosie. It's understandable."

"I don't know what's going on with me or what to do. I haven't felt this helpless since you claimed me." I say and Miles holds me close to him.

"Just like back then, I do. I'll take care of you and you just recover." He says before kissing the top of my head.