strange dreams 🌙 notahairnomore

written by: notahairnomoreHUMAN

HUMAN

——⋆⛅⋆——

The world is tilted sideways. Much is unclear. It’s impossible to tell up from down and down from up. Everything blends into one. 

Ears bleeding sound. A mouse’s footsteps, a silent whisper, the roaring sea. The multiple sounds running at him and beating at his head. Louder than all is a high-pitched, harsh, nearly unhearable.

“Minhee.”

He squeezes his eyes shut as the echo sounds in his ears. He feels a dull ache in his throat as if he’d been screaming. “Go away,” he tries to say, but nothing comes out. The ringing increases. The louder the ringing, the more his throat hurts. The more his throat hurts, the louder the ringing.

“Minhee, wake up!”

Wake… up? He realizes that it’s a dream. He still can’t open his eyes. When he tries, all that remains in front of him is the blurry world.

So he accepts the blur, sinking deeper and deeper in. He feels something rush over his head– water? As it comes over, so does sweet silence. All the overwhelming noises silence themselves. His head stops pounding. He opens his eyes.

The sight that beholds him is a girl, twirling and dancing. The water moves with her, making her seem as if she weren’t underwater. No, she was soaring through a clear sky.

Her dress floats up and down and left and right, and there is no end nor beginning to its lengths. The salmon color spreads around him, taking over everything. He is not submerged in water, he is submerged in faded shades of salmon and coral and baby pink. 

The girl’s rosy lips quirk up in a smile, neither mocking nor kind. His blood runs cold, yet his body is overwhelmingly hot. 

Light floods his vision as his eyes snap open. Soft grass tickled his skin as he stares up at the blue ocean above him. White, fluffy animals slowly float by. 

Laughter sings in his ears. When he turns, he sees a boy with eyes of lavender. They’re see-through amethysts that sparkle brilliantly. Gentle curls rest atop his head, the color of sunbeams.

His lips are moving, but no sound enters Minhee’s ears. He gives a pout. 

“Ya, are you listening to me?” Minhee was always good at reading lips. He reaches for the other’s pale hand.

“Of course I am, my sunshine.” 

"Wake up!"

The boy plucks a dandelion and tucks it behind Minhee’s ear. Minhee does the same. The two share a smile and stare back up at the sky.

With a blink, it all disappears.

He finds himself in a blazing fire. Reds, yellows, and oranges all blend together brilliantly. He is sweating, but he shivers. His skin is set ablaze, but he doesn’t blink an eye.