melted kiss 🌙 choisbxtch

written by: choisbxtchDEVILchoi yeonjun

DEVIL
choi yeonjun

——⋆🌩⋆——

jaeryu stared into the static screen, fingers fidgety over the remote while trying to channel anything in hopes of distraction from the noise buzzing at the background. it came from a woman and a man.

she did not know them. nor did she know the language they were screaming at each other. why were they screaming at each other?

all she knew that it had been going on for quite awhile now. dragged on and on and on. dragged long enough for jaeryu to start questioning her existence. a moment she would slip away into slumber and wake up again, tired, in cold sweat.

each passing day did not dawn into a new day, a different day, it was only grey.

the familiar stink of musty air never left the place and had grown thicker, as one day, the noise stumbled and became panicky. pacing footsteps thud around.

it was a change of sort. not exactly as jaeryu had envisioned.

suddenly the woman yanked the girl's hand and forced jaeryu to the kitchen area. grabbing her shoulders she squeezed them and gazed at her.

" yurushite "

she raised her other hand holding a knife, rushing it down to the girl as she aimed it to her chest.

☁️

being abandoned in the middle of the street with any bare clothes on her to fit the freezing season of early january, jaeryu had no recollection of what went through.

as if a gap, a hole, was drilled into her memories. tainted with several other spots of dark shade.

she walked a few blocks and was met with the sight of blinking lights coming from a cottage. she realised it was almost sundown.

she heard a sudden growl. pain shot through her torso and she had to kneel to the cold ground, clutching it with her hands. shivering all over.

she raised her head and crawled to the cottage with whatever energy she could muster.

all efforts in vain. fatigue overtook her and she fell down.

☁️

jaeryu opened her eyes to a luminous room, covered in warm dress and quilts. the fire from the fireplace nearby burned brightly. a neatly bundled carved pieces if firewood was placed near the fireplace.

her gaze lingered near the warm place. it was intriguing.

" you're up ? "

jaeryu averted her gaze to the person who had spoken. keeping it there as she took in the appearance of the stranger.