III. 𝗿𝗼𝗰𝗸𝘆 𝗱𝗮𝗻𝗴𝗲𝗿𝗯𝘂𝗳𝗳 𝘀𝗶𝗻𝗴𝘀 𝗮 𝘀𝗼𝗻𝗴

𝐕𝐈𝐀 𝐆𝐋𝐀𝐒𝐒𝐄

The Bounty had anchored down somewhere off the coast of Ninjago, in a cove of tall rocky spires and misty clouds. The lot of us were on the bridge, trying to act normal. It was weird, to have another person living with us-- someone who wasn't a Ninja. I suspected this is exactly how everyone felt before I officially joined the team.

I was leaning against the railing with Cole and Kai, cradling my newly-wrapped ribs. They didn't hurt as bad as they had earlier this morning, but I assumed that was because of the spray Zane had put on them.

As Lloyd and Harumi ascended the ladder, the former held out his hand to lift her up the last few steps. From my right side, Cole attempted conversation, something he was rarely good at. "So, Harumi!" his voice was cheerful, "Looks like we're gonna be... roomies for a while." From my other side, Kai shook his head in disappointment.

Harumi ignored this statement (like I probably would have) and addressed all of us Ninja. "You have all been so gracious to take me in since our palace was..." she winced, "taken away. And--"

"You're safe with us," Jay concluded, crossing his arms with a large smile.

"Uh, that assumption is not entirely justified, Jay," Zane pointed out, "We know very little about the Sons of Garmadon's full capabilities."

"We know nothing about them," Kai cut in, "Period."

Nya stepped forward and pressed a few buttons on the large screen. Cole and I migrated over to stand in the semi-circle the others had formed around it. "We do know they're after the three Oni Masks." Nya pulled up a picture of the Masks of Deception and Vengeance. "Unfortunately, they already have two of them."

"Pixal scanned everywhere for the third mask," Zane's voice was dry, "but it came up empty. It's as if it... never existed."

Just to clarify, I mentally asked Oneria, it does exist, right? Well of course, I would have told you if there were only two. Hmm. I find that hard to believe.

Lloyd finally spoke up, "Then we need to focus on who's giving the orders. A group this organized must have a leader."

From the other side of the semi-circle, I watched Harumi's gaze flit from one thing to another. Her eyes landed on a pair of Jay's underwear that had been carelessly thrown on the console.

"Maybe someone from our past?" Jay offered.

My eyes widened when Harumi reached forward to grab the underwear. "Uh, forgive me, but is that... underwear?" If I were her, I wouldn't have touched that with a ten foot pole. She had some guts, that's for sure.

Jay's eyes bulged and he snatched the pair of underwear from her hands. He chuckled, evidently embarrassed. He hid the underwear behind his back, "We're usually more organized--" Nya gave him a 'yeah right' look while Cole, Kai, and I all snickered. "--but our leader got lost in a time-stream." He paused, looking for an excuse. "Uh, they're Cole's."