IV. 𝗽𝗲𝗿𝗳𝗲𝗰𝘁 𝗹𝗶𝘁𝘁𝗹𝗲 𝗳𝗮𝗺𝗶𝗹𝘆

𝐕𝐈𝐀 𝐆𝐋𝐀𝐒𝐒𝐄

"Cole, cut it out. You and I both know it's vengestone."

Cole sighed, retreating away from the bars. He turned to me, frowning at my figure. I was sitting on the ground, leaning against one of the stone walls. Despite how I played it off, I knew he could tell I was panicking. I'd spent my entire life in cells and being a prisoner-- and now here I was again.

Cole collapsed next to me, sprawling his legs out. He'd clearly noticed I'd been fidgeting again, because he held out his hand for me to take. I did. He squeezed my fingers reassuringly. "We'll get out. We always do. I'm sure of it."

I smiled thankfully at him. "I know. You once told me you wouldn't ever let me be a prisoner again-- I have faith you'll keep your promise."

"I'm doing a shabby job of it," He gestured around us, "Seeing as we're in a cell right now."

I shrugged, "At least, being a prisoner with some company is way better than solitary confinement." I nudged his shoulder, "Right?"

"True. I can't believe Zane did that!"

"I can."

"What?"

"It was part of his plan!" I rolled my eyes, "You really think Zane would actually betray us?!"

"That's not what I was talking about," Cole defended, "I was talking about hitting you with that chair!" He reached up, and carefully cradled my skull. I winced. I knew exactly what he was referring to-- I had a few gashes on my scalp from the wood, and they had only recently started turning the roots of my blonde hair red. "Does it hurt?"

"Not too bad," I mumbled, "How's that bruise, though?" I referred to the one on his cheek, that was black and blue and looked painful.

He shrugged, "Not the worst I've gotten, unfortunately."

"Careful!" We heard a voice coming from down the hallway, where two gang members were carrying a suspended box. They were dressed in the usual getup, with gross mohawks-- one who had a short red one and the other a tall black one.

"What do you think I'm doing?" said the biker with the red mohawk.

"So, what's in the box?" Black Mohawk pointed at the box hanging from the piece of wood they were carrying.

"You haven't heard?" Red Mohawk replied, "The boss found the key for the last mask."

Cole sprung to his feet in surprise. He helped me to mine, our hands still interlocked. "If they get the last mask, then they'll have all three!"

"Yes, Cole. That's how math works." Apparently with the stress of this situation, and being locked behind bars again, I was getting very sarcastic.

"Heh. It's all comin' together," said Red Mohawk as he exited the room the two bikers had placed the box inside. "It'll be good to see Lord Garmadon again."