VIII. 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘄𝗲𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁 𝗰𝗿𝘂𝘀𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗺𝘆 𝘀𝗵𝗼𝘂𝗹𝗱𝗲𝗿𝘀

𝐕𝐈𝐀 𝐆𝐋𝐀𝐒𝐒𝐄

"Sorry!" A laugh shook through my body as I called out to the man we'd cut off. He'd been about to drive across the intersection when the giant crab tore through it. A giddy feeling was in my chest as the monster I'd managed to tame with my powers prowled the streets of Ninjago City. The ride was bumpy as the crab Pixal, in her Samurai X mech, hovered slightly behind.

"Take a left here, buddy," I patted the crab's neck, activating my powers as I did so. I looked over my shoulder to see my friends looking just as tired as I felt. We'd spent two hours trying to get the monster under our control, and the walk here wasn't nearly as long as we needed to rest. I marched the creature straight up to the Police Station, where an officer was lollygagging outside.

The officer turned around and squealed at the sight of the monster, throwing his hands up in instinctive defense. I smiled to hide my scoff. A cowardly cop.

"Is the Police Commissioner here?" Kai asked as if nothing about this situation was weird. For us, this was normal. The officer nodded silently.

The six of us jumped off the back of the crab, Pixal ejecting from her mech. I brushed the dust off my gi and adjusted my katana in its holster. Cole nudged my shoulder playfully as he passed, giving me a smirk in response to my mock glare.

"Don't forget," Zane smiled, only a little creepily, at the officer, "the best way to defeat your enemy," he jerked his thumb at the giant crab, "is to make him your friend."

The crab jittered happily following Zane's comment. Jay nuzzled the crab's large fang. "Are you crabby!"

"Crabby!" Baby Wu cooed from Cole's arms. I found myself letting out a little giggle, even when the crab roared. I knew the baby was their master in a younger body, and yet, I couldn't help the happiness rushing through me every time he said something. He was just so darn adorable.

"Hey, what am I supposed to do with him?" The officer's voice was shaky.

"Take him to the zoo!" Nya suggested cheerily, a bright smile on her face.

We all ignored the officer's protest, "We don't have a zoo!" and stomped down the hall.

"We need the Commissioner!" Kai demanded, a little less kindly than we'd all discussed.

The police officer guarding the Commissioner's door scowled at us from under his fancy hat. Clear from the way he held himself, all of his pride came from the little gold badge pinned to his uniform. "He isn't taking any visitors."

"But it's important," Cole tried again.

"All of his work is important," the officer sounded bored.

"Don't make me zap you!" Jay warned, his hands coming up in front of him and sparking with electricity.