1: i want pudding!

-Hello friends! In honor of Encsnto's 1 year anniversary, here's another comedic fic inspired by the Friends episode, "The One With All the Candy." This fic will be uploaded every Thursday, but it'd going to be a shorter story! Enjoy in the meantime!

Throughout her 46 years of healing and cooking experience, Julieta didn't have a dish that she would make mainly for the holidays. She would usually stick with her arepas. That all changed until she decided that she really wanted to do a Christmas dessert. Everyone in town loved what she made so it didn't hurt to try, or so she thought.

As she was making pudding, Mirabel came in the kitchen shivering. It was pretty cold outside. It was just naturally cold and it had nothing to do with Pepa's moods.

"Mamá, is there anything to make hot chocolate?" Mirabel asked.

She was craving hot chocolate, but knew that her mamá was busy so she didn't want to put extra work on her.

"Check the cabinet," Julieta replied, not looking up from what she was doing.

Once Mirabel got what she needed from the cabinet, she noticed her mom cooking something unfamiliar.

"Whatcha making?" she asked.

"Oh, I'm making Natilla Colombiana," Julieta replied.

"Oh really? You've never made that as far as I can remember," Mirabel added.

"It's been a long time since I've made it. Before having you actually," Julieta told her.

As Mirabel was making her hot chocolate, she nodded in response.

Just then, Agustín came into the kitchen to accompany his wife. His nose and fingers  were puffy, so he got bee stings once again. Bees tend to follow him year round.

He stood behind Julieta and peeking at what she was doing. He had a shocked facial expression because of what she was making.

"Hmm, you haven't made that in a long time amor," he said.

"I decided to make a dish for the Navidad season," she told him.

"Really? I mean for as long as I've known you, you never have! Are you sure? That might be a little too much for you. You think?" he asked, out of concern.

He was afraid his wife would be overworking herself once again, but that was nothing new.

She turned around from her work to face him.

"Agustín, I'm perfectly capable of taking care of myself and you got bee stings again?! Give me a second," she replied, turning back to her work.

Agustín turned to Mirabel who was still drinking her hot chocolate.

"Miraboo, is there any more chocolate?" he asked her.

"No, lo siento. I took the last one, but I'll go in town in a bit to get some more," Mirabel replied.

Agustín nodded in disappointment. The hot chocolate really sounded good and he was craving it. Ah well, at least his youngest was going to go get some more chocolate.

"Eat," Julieta ordered him as she fed him some of the Natilla Colombiana.

Agustín took the bite and all his bee stings went away. He also enjoyed the taste of the pudding.

"Mmm yummy," he said.

Mirabel was done pouring herself the hot chocolate and sat herself down at the kitchen table, wanting to enjoy the drink before going out into town again.

Little did Julieta know that she would be overworked once again, by the townspeople begging her for more Natilla Colombiana. As she went out in town and healed the people with that dish, so many people loved it and have asked her if she could make some for some family members who were out of town. She said she'd think about it.

She didn't even get much of a chance to think about it.
———————————
It was 2am and Mirabel and Isa wanted a night snack. Of course, they were devouring the arepas their mother made.

"Isa, did you ever think we would end up doing this together?" Mirabel asked, taking another bite of the arepa.

"What?" Isabela asked, after grabbing another arepa.

"Eating night snacks together," Mirabel replied.

Isabela shook her head. She honestly didn't think so. She didn't expect to have a better relationship with Mirabel after the rebuild of Casita, but she did and she was very grateful. Especially after almost losing her when Casita fell. It was like Isabela has a second chance to better her relationship with not just Mirabel, but her other sister, her parents, and etc.

Just then, there was a knock. The two sisters looked at each other confused.

"Who on earth would come over at this hour?" Isabela asked, as Mirabel shrugged.

The tiles flipped, as Casita was pushing them over to the front door. It was a really hard push.

"I guess we have to answer. Casita seems annoyed," Mirabel answered.

Isabela sighed opening the door to Señor Osvaldo.

"Oh, hey girls! I didn't expect to see you guys!" he exclaimed.

"What do you want?" Mirabel asked, as she was annoyed.

Do you know what time it is?" Isabela asked, angrily but with a whisper so she didn't wake up everyone else.

"Natilla Colombiana time!" he replied.

"No! It is the middle of the night! Some of us are trying to sleep because we have to wake up and work!" Isabela exclaimed.

"Uhhh, you can just find her to tomorrow and ask," Mirabel replied.

"For heaven's sake please get out!" Isabela yell-whispered, as some vines tied around him, not very tightly.

Señor Osvaldo backed up since he had enough room to move.

"Okay okay geez! Can you please let go of me?" he begged, as Isabela's vines let go of him and he ran off.

"Isa, I think you scared him," Mirabel told her eldest sister, as she closed the door.

"Well, it's going to teach him a lesson. Never come to our house and ask for mamá's food in the middle of the night," Isabela replied.

"Eh true, but still! I think that was a bit much," Mirabel added, as she started heading upstairs and Isabela was following her.

"I suppose, but it was the only way to get him out of here," Isabela said.

Isabela and Mirabel continued their way upstairs, quietly chatting.

"Do you want to sleep in my room tonight?" Isabela suddenly asks.

"Sure. That'll be a nice change of scenery," Mirabel replied.

The two went into Isabela's room and Mirabel spent the rest of the night in her oldest sister's room. Something else she never thought she would do with Isabela, but here she was and she was super grateful.

-AAAANNNDDD that's the first chapter? Also Natilla Colombiana is a Colombian style pudding that is a dessert served during Christmas in case no one knew. I am not Colombian but I am doing some research and still learning about the culture. Stay tuned for next Thursday and see you all later!
-Aly