2: is it worth it?

-Heyyyy so I know I said I would upload this story on Thursdays but I'm just going to stick with Tuesday uploads just like I did with 'IMYLALK'. So yeah these chapters for this will be uploaded on Tuesdays once again. I really only uploaded the first chapter last Thursday because of the anniversary. Anyways, enjoy!

The next morning, Julieta woke up having no idea of what happened the previous night with two of her daughters and Señor Osvaldo.

She woke up a little later than she usually would and she just remained laying in bed.

"Was making all that dessert really worth the time? Even after mamá made the promise to go easier on the family?" she thought to herself.

She then nodded to herself thinking it was worth it. The town loved it and she wanted to make everyone in town happy, especially for the holidays.

However, there was no rush for Julieta to get out of bed since Félix offered to make breakfast this morning. Yes, he and Pepa also knew she was making Natilla Colombiana for the holidays and Pepa told Félix that he was going to help her hermana by saving her some time to sleep in and make breakfast. Of course he didn't mind and he was more than happy to help.

Just then, Agustín woke up and noticed Julieta was awake lying in bed.

"Ay amor, you can sleep a little longer. Félix is making breakfast, remember? It's going to be fine," he said, in a hoarse voice.

Julieta giggled in response, mainly because of his morning voice. She loved the way his voice was when he first woke up. She thought it was adorable.

"I will since you have a nice morning voice," she replied, with her voice also being hoarse as well.

"Ay stop that. Your morning voice is so much better," he joked, pulling her closer to his chest.

She hummed in response.

Julieta adjusted her head to place it on his bare chest with some of the bed headed knots in her hair touching his chest since he slept shirtless the previous night. It made her feel comfortable and she really liked it. It also made it easier for her to fall asleep so she fell asleep a lot quicker.

Agustín checked to make sure Julieta was asleep again and luckily for him she was. He kissed her on the head and he also went back to sleep.

———————————-

Hours later, Julieta knew she couldn't sleep anymore and she had to get up and start her day. She had all that pudding to make and she couldn't make the townspeople wait. Agustín was still asleep when she got up as he didn't really enjoy waking up early that often. The fact that he was able to get his wife to sleep him made him even more eager to sleep in himself.

When Julieta came into the kitchen, she noticed Mirabel was trying to help by learning the recipe. Julieta smiled at how adorable it was that her youngest was helping.

"Buenos dias! I see you wanted to help mi vida," she said, as Mirabel looked up from what she was doing.

"Oh, good morning mama! This looks like a lot of work so I thought about helping you with this! Keep in mind, this is the Christmas season. Your food is always in high demand during that time," Mirabel rambled on which made Julieta chuckle.

"Mira, lo se. I've been through this for many years," she replied, adding in another chuckle.

"So I just wanted to make this easier for you so you don't overwork yourself. Want to see this?" Mirabel asked, wanting to show her mamá the process of how she was making the pudding.

Julieta took a look at it and was amazed. Mirabel was actually pretty good at this.

"I suppose you can help," Julieta sighed, with a proud smile on her face. She gave Mirabel a kiss on the cheek and got straight to work.

Just then Antonio came in the kitchen. He wanted to play with Mirabel but he was having trouble finding her. Luckily, he found her in the kitchen.

"Oh Mira! There you are! I was wondering you wanted to play with me today!" Antonio cheerfully suggested.

As Mirabel acknowledged him, she sighed. She loved spending time with her primo, however she promised to help her mom.

"Hey buddy, uhhh-," Mirabel got cut off.

"Go play with him, mi vida. If you're worried about me not getting any help, I'll ask Pepa," Julieta assured her youngest.

Mirabel sighed once again.

"Alright, as long as you promise me someone is going to help you," she said, leaving to go play with Antonio.

Just then, there was a knock on the door. Julieta stopped what she was doing and opened the door to a villager. It was unusual because if any villager wanted her food, they would always go to her stand. They would never go to Casita, especially while Julieta was in the middle of cooking.

"Oh hola! I was going to go out there very soon so-," Julieta got cut off. L

"Actually, I need to ask you for a big favor!" the villager exclaimed.

"Sí?" the healer replied.

"I have family coming down to the Encanto later today and I wrote to them about your delicious food and I promised them that they would be able to feast on whatever you're making," the villager explained.

"Well I've been making Natilla Colombiana! It's this delicious pudding I would make every Christmas season and I haven't made it in years but I'm making it this year," Julieta told her.

"Oh yes! Anything with your touch of magic!" the villager cheered.

"Will do," Julieta replied, as the villager walked away.

Damn, not even a thank you? She shrugged and then went back to the kitchen to cook more.

A few minutes later, Agustín came into the kitchen only to see his wife cook. He came closer to her and wrapped his arms around her.

"I've missed you," he said.

"Ay Agustín, I haven't been gone for that long," Julieta chuckled in response as he kissed her neck.

"It feels like it," he added.

She giggled at his clinginess.

"Well today is going to be a busy day. I have a lot of pudding to make and I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to go into town today," she told him.

"Does your mother know you're doing this?" he asked.

"No, but I plan on telling her," she replied.

Agustín nodded in response as he grabbed a basket of arepas that he saw sitting on the counter as he surprisingly didn't drop them.

Just then, Mirabel and Isabela came into the kitchen seeing if there is anything they can do to help.

"Hey mamá! Is there anything we can do?" Isabela asked.

"Actually, if you too could give me a hand, then that would be great," Julieta replied, surprisingly.

She would usually tell her daughters that she didn't need any help if they asked, but this time she really needed it. There were out of towners coming and she didn't know how many people were coming down to the Encanto. Mirabel and Isabela were both more than happy to help.

Luckily for the two girls, they didn't have much to do in the village today and they already finished their chores early before going into the kitchen to help their mom.

Although it was nice to get some help, these next few hours were going to be a roller coaster.

-Yeah it's going to get crazy and stressful for Julieta. Anyways, that's this week's chapter and stay tuned for next Tuesday when I upload the third chapter! See ya!
                                                                                                        -Aly