Chapter 9

Just like they had feared and predicted, an unfamiliar carriage pulled up at the gate of the villa a few days. Maya was in Dexter's room, discussing with him with Nanny Naomi came with the news. Maya looked at her nanny, a surprised look on her face. Dexter mirrored the same expression.

     Almost immediately, Maya got on her feet, her expression turning serious. " We expected this already, so there's nothing to be worried about." She turned to the windows, closing the curtains. Darkness settled into the room. " We don't know who that it is and we are also not expecting anyone. It would only make sense to hide Prince Dexter now."

     " Yes, my Princess." Naomi answered.

     Maya's hands dropped to her side as she sucked in a deep breath." Take him to the place we mentioned, no one will be able to find him there. I will welcome the guests myself."  She announced.

      Naomi's head snapped up. " No, my Princess..." She began saying...

    Maya turned to her, her gaze filled with determination  " I live alone with just one maid, Nanny. I can handle this. No need to play the spoilt brat. Come on now, the prince isn't in the full health yet. You need to help him. I'll be gone now."

     Sparing Dexter one last glance, she straightened her posture and with steps that were just as regal, walked out of the room.

     Naomi watched her go before hurrying to Dexter's side. He already was getting out of the bed but was having difficulty doing so. " Lean on me." Naomi offered and he immediately complied, groaning as he did. Staring at the door Maya just exited, his brows furrowed in worry.

      " Will she be alright? My brother... He is not easy to handle." He said, almost hesitantly.

     Naomi allowed herself to smile as they began walking out of the room. " Don't worry about her, your highness. She's a lot stronger than she looks." She replied.

    Dexter stared at her, wondering if this was true.

    Now we need to get you that safe place quickly, so I can go back to my princess side." She added and he nodded. Together, they walked down the hallways to one of the safest places in the villa.
.
.
.
     As Maya walked to the door, her heart was pounding but she forced herself to calm down, her steps unhurried. She didn't want the fear and nervousness she was feeling spread to the other parts of her body. By the time she arrived, they were already knocking. ' they must be pissed by the late reply' Maya thought to herself, a smug smile on her face.

     She finally arrived at the door and pushed the door open, peeking her head out. " I'm not expecting anyone, Who is it?" She asked, a frown on her face.

      The one at the door paused, staring at the smaller lady, an incredulous look on his face. They've been knocking for minutes now and this is who answers?

     " We are here to see the masters of this house." He announced. " His Majesty himself, Prince Darian is here."

     Maya rolled her eyes, stepping out of the door. She pinned them all with a stare. " That would be me." She replied, her voice calm and collected. Everyone had shocked expression on their faces except Darian. The owner of the villa is a small girl?

    She continued. " I am not expecting anyone, so may I ask why you all are here?"

    Darian was the one that replied. " We apologize for interrupting afternoon, my Lady. But I was going on a tour of the borders and was told by the locals in the area that someone lived in this Villa. Intrigued, I came to see for myself." A sly smile appeared on his face. " Turns out they were right."