Three

¹   About a day had passed. You woke with a start, for sure. The previous day, or night, not like you could tell anymore, had exhausted you. When you woke up this time around, you panicked, forgetting where you were. But hearing muffled, though familiar, voices down the hall made you remember all too well. You scowled as you got up.

²   You sat upright on the side of your new, horribly stiff bed, staring at the pitch black ground with its weird tiles which seemed to be the brightest white outlines you could imagine. This place was strange, but more than that, it was horrible. It was cold, and it was lonely. It was scary. How could any of those freaks call this place home? Clearly it was to them, granted the bedrooms, including your own. But how was it? That was what baffled you.

³   More important than if this place was a home or not, you needed to figure out how you were going to get out of here. As much as the idea made you sick to your stomach, you realized that the only chance you really stood getting out is if you earned the Bleck goons' trust. And to do that, you'd have to be much nicer to them. They didn't deserve that. Well, most of them didn't, though O'Chunks so far seemed to be rather friendly to you, but he also struck you as.. Not so bright. You were sure something would happen today or along the line that made your opinion on him shift faster than than a Flipside elevator. Boy, oh boy, today was going to be a great one, huh?

⁴   Finally, you caved and threw in the towel, getting up and walking to the door, your hand nearly retracting at the icy touch of the doorknob. You had forgotten about that, too. You pulled the door open and made your way down the hall. The muffled conversations grew louder, and it was exponentially more and more clear that no one was in their bedrooms. You strode to the end of the hall's length, where you were met with a huge double door. You tried to push on it, but it just rattled. Locked, huh?

⁵   You looked off to your sides, and you nearly jumped. You didn't know why, but the sight of two hallways you hadn't seen before startled you a lot.

⁶   You listened closer to the noise of chatter, and ultimately decided that you'd take the left hallway. It was easy to deduct your guesstimate to be right when you heard the noises get louder the farther you descended. Ultimately, you reached a door, much like the others, and opened it, only to find yourself in a kitchen. You couldn't have been more perplexed had you tried. No shot this place was actually like a house to them. Suddenly, all eyes were on you at the addition of your presence. You swallowed nervously, the tension in the room actively thickening and almost suffocating you.

⁷   "What? Did you expect me to stay in th- my room all day?" You had to promptly correct yourself. The band of goons exchanged looks, communicating something silently that you couldn't decipher, but you had a hunch they were judging you. Filthy pricks, you thought to yourself. "Come have a seat, [Y/N]!" Mimi chirped. You raised a brow at her, your eyes skimming over everyone else in the room, trying to gauge their reactions. No one seemed alarmed or opposed, so you reluctantly accepted the offer.

⁸   This is just cruel irony, you judged silently as you took the one remaining seat at the table which oh-so-luckily for you was right between Mimi and Dimentio, the two people you could stand the least right now. What the hell was everyone being so nice for, now? To win you over? Well after everything they put you through, and everything their boss did to your friends, you were dead set on not letting them get on your good side. As if. "How was your sleep? Did you like your new bed?" Dimentio mused, looking over at you. You fought the urge to glare, merely shrugging. "It was okay, I guess," you made brief eye contact with him, before letting your gaze fall back to the table. No, these "people" were not going to get on your good side. You were going to get on theirs. Make them trust you, make them like you. That's your key out of this dump, [Y/N], you mentally reminded yourself.