{ 3- Patronus - Luna Lovegood }

This is BYFAR the best one I've written! I love Luna to bits so this one was fun for me!
Total word count- 893
House- 💙

Info- You and Luna have been best friends ever since the first day at Hogwarts. Now, it's fifth year, and you two have seemingly been getting closer! 😉
——————————
You were sitting on a couch in the middle of the Ravenclaw common room, when you realized it was time for the meeting.

The meeting I'm referring to of course, is for Dumbledore's Army.
One of your closest friends, Harry Potter, had started teaching his own defense against the dark arts classes in the room of requirement a few weeks back.

You were unsure at first on weather to join or not, but Luna had went to the first meeting and she learned a lot!

Considering Luna is your best friend, and you had a tiiiiinnnyyy crush on her, you trusted her when she said that Harry's classes would be good for you.

You stood up and made your way upstairs to the seventh floor of the building. On your way up the stairs, you ran into your buddy Neville. You met him on the first day of Snape's class, where you bonded over your fear of that man.

You and Nev talked all the way up to the room, where you saw the golden trio standing there talking. You were a bit early, so the five of you stood there are chatted until the others arrived.

You saw Luna walk in along Cho, her beautiful blonde hair flowing brilliantly as she walked. Your heart started beating faster with every step she took towards you. You realized you were blushing so you quickly stopped and composed yourself.

"Hello there y/n." She said in her soft, gentle tone.
"Hi Lunes!" She gave you a side hug 💕
"Are you ready for today?"
"I'm not quite sure, Harry just said that he wants us to cast our patronus today.."

You stood there and rubbed your arm, Luna just smiled
"You have nothing to worry about y/n, we've been practicing together all week, I know you can do this!"
"Thanks Lunes, but only time will tell"

She started to speak again when Harry started talking.
"Alright everyone! Today we're gonna try Expecto Partronum again! We've been working in this for a while, so I know you've got this!" Luna looked at you reassuringly.

"Now partner up so you can help each other! I'll walk around the room and help you all out! Let's go!"

Luna offered for you to go first but you insisted that she go. Luna tried just twice before she cast the most brilliant bunny you've ever seen. You both watched it run around the room in amazement before she cast it away gracefully.

"Your turn y/n!"
You laughed nervously.
"Oh come on now you're being silly, I know you can do this love."
She gently glides her hand down your arm, positioning your wand and getting you ready.

🦋 You've never had more butterflies. 🦋

Luna guides you through the process, and after around 30 tries, you start to give up. But she never gives up on you or loses her patience, which is something that you love about her. No, it's a reason why you love her.

You've been having trouble thinking of a memory to use. When casting your patronus, you have to think of the happiest time in your life. For you, you're not sure what to choose. You've lived an average life, of course you've had joyful moments, but nothing substantial. You settle on a time in third year. Luna, Ginny, Neville, Ron and you were skipping rocks on the black lake. It was a simple day, but it was the day you realized your true feelings for Luna. The day your outlook on life changed.

Eventually it happens. This enchanting blue y/p dances gracefully around you as you stare in awe. It's truly whimsical. Luna's excited clapping pulls you out of your concentration.

"Oh, I'm sorry! But wow that was beautiful! You did it y/n, I knew you could!"
You were both laughing and smiling as you shared a loving hug.
"It's no problem Lunes! Thank you for believing in me!"
"Of course I believe in you y/n, I love you."

You stood there still in shock.

She what now?

Huh? Is that what a love bomb is?

WAIT. LUNA. LOVEGOOD. LOVES. ME.

No, that can't be true.

It's too good to be true.

This must be a prank, something done by Fred or George.

No, Luna is far too kind to shatter your heart like that.

Perhaps a dream?

Yes this must be a dream.

But then why did that hug feel so real?

So warm.

So..

"Y/n"?

Her sweet voice broke your thoughts.

"Y/n are you ok? Was that too much to say? I'm sorry if-

You cut her off with a passionate kiss.

She's shocked but she returns the kiss, putting her hand on your face.

You pull back
"No, it's fine- perfect actually! I just didn't believe it!"
She giggles and you kiss again but this time it's quick and sweet.
"I love you too Luna Lovegood."

You have a feeling that you won't need to think very hard to find a happy memory next time. 😉