Monster Party⁹

"Well? What are you waiting for? Come on in! Feel free to grab some punch and mingle." Frankie said enthusiastically. We all came up from behind her, standing by her side.

"You're inviting us to a party? Now?"

"Yeah! We wanted you to see us this way. Not as some frightening creatures you don't understand, but here at a party, relaxing, having fun with our friends!"

"But he trashed our whole town!"

They pointed up to Holt who got slightly scared.

"No, he didn't." We all look at the owner of the voice. Lilith came out from the crowd. "I did." She walked in front of us and turned around to the crowd. "I did it because I thought monsters were out to get us. To take what's ours."

Cleo came up from behind her. "It's an easy mistake to make. A lot of monsters- even me- thought all normies were selfish and cruel. Now I know" She slings her arm around Lilith's shoulders. "that's not true." Lilith smiles.

"Two days ago, I was as angry and confused as you are. But now that I've met them, I see we're more alike than we are different." Clair and Chad came up to stand with us.

"We have the same hopes."

"The same fears."

"The same dreams."

"The same drama."

"The same insecurities."

"The same taste in designer fashion."

"The same taste in food."

I added at the end, throwing a popcorn up in the air and catching it in my mouth.

Frankie walked in front of the normies. "That's why we wanted to throw you this party to remind everyone what Halloween really means. So please, come on in. Have fun! Be yourself. Be unique. Be a monster."

The normie in front of her just stared. Everyone did. Until one girl from the crowd, "That's beautiful." They nodded. "Hmm... Okay. Yeah. All right." Us ghouls cheered. 'Not gonna lie that guy with the long hair kinda cute-'

The policeman just HAD to ruin the moment and run into the party. "All right. Party's over. I always wanted to say that." His eyes landed on Frankie. "You! You've crossed me for the last time. Arrest every monster in here! Take them all away!"

Van Hellscream came in front of them. "Well if you're arresting all the monsters, you can start with me. I'm a monster!" She puts on a mask. The officers looked frightened. Clair stepped up with a smile. "I'm a monster." Then Chad, "I'm a monster!" Then the twins, then everyone started following after them.

"Well how 'bout it sheriff? Are you gonna arrest us all?"

"Well as sheriff- Well would you look at that? Midnight on the dot! Ha! I'm off duty! Uh- hey, is that cheesecake?" He walks over to the food table.

I turn around to Holt and smiled, giving him the signal to play the music. He cheered and played the music.

I watch from the food table with Deuce as everyone danced. I look up and see Clair kissing Jackson. I laugh at that. 'GO JACKSON. GOT THE CUTE LADY.' Clair looked down at me and put a thumbs up.

I look at Deuce who was feeding his snakes some punch. In the corner of my eye I see Cleo coming. I punch his shoulder lightly. "Good luck. Remember what I said." I walk away without hearing what he has to say. 'Do it, Cleo.'

I eat at the other food table. I check my hand. 'Yep. Still single.' I gulp down my punch. I look around and see Heath serving as a fire place for roasted marshmallows. I smirk.

I walk over with hands behind my back. "Heath." He looked up at me. "What's up?" I smile. "Can you roast... THIS?" I pull out a huge Yeti-shaped marshmallow. "Woah! Who's this for?" I smirk. His smile dropped.

"Hey... Hey... Let's play nice here. Just because you're in a better outfit doesn't mean you can take all the ladies." I raise an eyebrow. "I'm not. I'm just a nice friend." He gave me the bored eye and put my marshmallow on fire. "Hey!" I blew it out.

After giving the marshmallows to Abbey much to Heath's "distaste", I went back to the food table and continued eating.

I heard a throat clear behind me. I swallowed my food quickly and turn to see that cute guy from earlier. "Greetings." I greeted. "Hey, um- I'm Alex." He holds out his hand. I smile softly. "I'm Y/n." I shake his hands. "D-Do you wanna dance?" I look at the food table and back at him. "Sure, why not?" He smiles widely and held out his hand. I took his hand and he led me into the crowd.

☠︎︎ 𝘼𝙣𝙙 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩'𝙨 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙨𝙩𝙤𝙧𝙮 𝙤𝙛 𝙃𝙖𝙡𝙡𝙤𝙬𝙚𝙚𝙣 ☠︎︎