Alone is Just Around the Corner

Zoey's POV:

I'm not sure what's worse. It could be the fact that Amber and Harry have gone into some sort of depression, always crying or clinging to hope... Or maybe it's how Harry is very mad at me. Accusing me of Louis' death. Only making matters worse, according to me. He's never really letting me live it down. I wasn't trying to kill Louis. Was he right? Am I the reason Louis is dead?

And what about Niall? To tell you the truth, I have no idea. Amber hasn't let a word escape her lips, of how Niall died. I think somehow she blames herself for it, although no one should be at fault, any time. This is an apocalypse, not everyone can save everyone... No, matter how hard we try.

My blood, however, is the cure. My parents were certain of that... Why didn't it work on Louis, you ask? I'll tell you. Louis was too far gone. If I got it into him sooner, he may still be alive, and free. But that's something we don't know for sure... We are only guessing on that.

My parents...? Yeah, I have no idea, of that too. They're gone, now. I didn't understand why they left me at first...  Until I came to the conclusion that they are crazy. And that's the way I plan to leave it.

It's been three days, since Louis and Niall's death. Three long hopeless days. For a while, we stayed on the outskirts of the town, until the population of the zombies got absolutely nuts. So we left, and now here we are... Some where, further South, I assuming.

"And I guess, that's all for tonight. Who's hungry?" Liam exclaimed throwing aside his bag, and digging into the one I held. I could tell Liam was trying to be more sensitive lately, if that were even possible. But the little things he does, are just so kind.

"Yeah, what's on the menu?" I replied, looking with him. Harry's hard glare stared over me, as if I just stabbed him...

"Who wants... canned fruit?" Liam asked with much enthusiasm.

When no one answered he dug down further. "Lads, we don't have much. We'll probably have to make a run soon." He explained. Harry rolled his eyes.

"Send, Zoey out. Then we'll be down one more." Harry grunted. I scrunched my eyebrows together. I really don't think I deserve this... I protected Louis, with my life... I tried so hard! What more could I do?

"Harry." Liam scowled through his teeth. He knew how bad it was affecting me.

I looked down. Today, was going to be a hard day for Harry and I...

"What...? It's the truth." He said bluntly then turned away from me. I knew I couldn't let Harry get to my head. But it was so hard, especially for me. Words hurt, that's all there is to it.

 I glanced over at everyone else. Brooke was in a bad position too. Harry had been mean to her also, and there was no reason for that what so ever. Zayn and Molly were still in the back whispering. I'm never close enough to hear what about though. And then there was Amber... Alone, with no one.

I went over to Amber. I'm not really sure why, but the only one she seemed to talk to was me. Otherwise she was quiet, ever since Niall's death. I felt so bad, it hurt me.

"Hey, Amber. Are you doing okay?" I asked, in the background I heard Harry and Liam talking but I ignored it, for the most part.

She shook her head as her face turned pale. Even when I did try to talk to her, she usually didn't answer. Only once in a while.

She sat down in the cold, almost wet grass, and I sat beside her. "Well, you know you can tell me anything, right? I'm good at keeping secrets... If you have any, or you just want to talk. I'm here okay?" I assured her.