Jisoo

Jisoo slowly opened her eyes. 

She tried to move but couldn't. 

The only thing she could do was look around, her eyeballs moving from east to west.

Taking in her surroundings, she realized she was frozen in a huge block of ice. There were snowy trees in the distance and the sun made them sparkle. It was a beautiful snowy landscape scene. Almost like a postcard picture.

Everything was quiet. It was kind of serene. 

Serene. But lonely. 

Looking around even more, she took notice that she was frozen in ice in the middle of a huge lake that was equally frozen. The thick ice underneath her cracked and moaned as if it was alive. She could almost hear the gurgle of the water being trapped beneath it. Jisoo really hoped the ice would hold.

She had to get out of there somehow. But how? She needed to gather her strength. Gain more power. She struggled against the icy hold.

Being trapped in the ice, Jisoo did a lot of soul-searching. It was like meditating. Being aware of oneself, yet being free from any other intervening thoughts. 

It took her a lot of time and willpower but suddenly she was able to move her hands. And her head. 

The power she needed seemed to come from within. 

When she finally felt it curse through her, Jisoo opened her palm and watched how a small purple flower began to grow. 

First the stem. Then a tiny bud.

The girl's eyes widened in awe of what was happening. She had no idea where it came from or what it meant. The first petal was set free. After it came another and another and another. Until Jisoo's flower was in full bloom. 

The petals were purple and they looked incredibly soft with their slight silvery shine to them. And suddenly she knew - it was the colour of her heart. 

The flower had a consuming power that Jisoo felt deep within as soon as it bloomed. 

'I need to be set free.' She thought.

The flower obeyed her wishes and the block of ice that surrounded her began to crack. 

One crack surged through her icy prison, then more sparked off its' original path. Cracks were criss-crossing the block now until the structure held no more. 

Jisoo fell.

But the magic of her flower protected her. 

The ice was gone and Jisoo was free to move about the frozen lake. 

The sun was shining but there was no other life in sight. Neither human, nor animal.

Again Jisoo thought how lonely it was. And she didn't want to be lonely no more. 

So she set out walking. 

Jisoo seemed to be walking for hours without direction or destination. The lake seemed to be stretching on and on and she couldn't seem to make it towards the tree line. Not a single step brought her closer. Her flower was still with her everytime she opened her palm to look at it. She hoped it would give her some direction but it only glowed in its' etheral purple, not giving any answers. 

Jisoo thought how beautiful her flower would look next to another. A different one. With a different colour. They would both shine individually but together, they would be eternal. 

'I'm ready for Love'

With a bass-like sounding wave, a light flashed into the sky from a place far away. 

Turqoise green. It was beautiful. 

Jisoo's heart got excited at something happening. The light was bright and it filled the lonely girl with hope. The flash was gone but up in the sky a greenish-blue light stayed as if meaning to guide the way. 

On instinct Jisoo set out into the exact direction of the light. If only she could finally reach the tree line. Maybe if she crossed into the forest, it would take her into another plain. Another realm. Another level.

Her steps became faster with each excited beat of her heart and the ice underneath Jisoo's feet began to crack loudly. The sloshing and gurgling of water became louder too.

Jisoo fell into a run. The frozen lake cracked open. Faster and faster. Almost reaching Jisoo as she jumped, evading stepping onto any cracks. 

She had to follow the light. She just knew it. The light meant something. It would show her something that she was missing. 

The ice had opened up almost completely, revealing the dark and cold waters of the lake beneath and Jisoo took one last long jump to evade going for an involuntary swim. 

She had reached the line of snowy trees.

The light was still there. Up in the sky but now it seemed to be moving. 

'No! Don't move! I'm coming'

Jisoo took off running into the forest.