Jennie

Jennie laid back in the chair she had been showed to and put on the VR glasses. 

Her sight went dark but she felt somebody adjust them for her on the back of her head. She was handed a controller for each hand. Jennie thanked the person quietly. 

A door clicked shut and Jennie knew she was alone. 

After another ten seconds of darkness, she was able to see.

She appeared to be standing in a very modern walk-in closet. Right in front of her was a huge mirror lined with lightbulps and Jennie saw herself as a VR avatar for the first time. 

"This is some freaky shit." Jennie muttered under her breath. She knew she was alone in this little cubicle room she was given but she also knew from Rosie that they monitored them in case somebody got uncomfortable or even sick from the virtual reality.

Jennie eyed herself as an avatar in the mirror. They had scanned her beforehand and now she was looking at the result. It was herself - but animated. The avatar staring back at her looked exactly like Jennie. Raven-coloured, shiny long hair and they even got her figure right.

She moved and turned in front of the mirror mesmerized. Technology nowadays, right?

Her avatar was only wearing black underwear though. 

She had to get dressed. Left and right to the mirror Jennie saw several dropdown menus. She was able to touch them with her avatar hand.

Several choices of clothes opened up for her and Jennie's eyes widened. Dresses, skirts, pants, shirts, shoes, accessories... This was going to take a while....

Once Jennie was happy with her outfit -the black boots with the silvery embroidery were her absolute favourite- she pressed 'Go' on a green button at the bottom of the mirror. 

Her heart beat a little bit faster when her sight became blurry and she was transported into the world.

This was by far the weirdest dating app she had ever tried. But Rosie was here for the third time, desperately hoping to meet her other half and she had pleaded with Jennie to come with her just once. Just so she didn't have to go home alone and disappointed again. 

Rosie was actively looking for love. Jennie wasn't. But she was single and open for new experiences so she did her bestie a favour and came along. Just for the hell of it. 

The name of the program flashed before her eyes.

Ready for Love

Then, Jennie found herself in an island paradise. She wasn't on the island though. She was walking on the water. Literally on the water. Jennie panicked for a second, looking down and thinking she might actually fall into the ocean any moment now before she was reminded that she was in a game and also that she could stand on the water as if it was a solid surface.