Ready for Love

Lisa & Jennie

Lisa & Jennie

Jennie and Lisa's first meeting was a lot more clumsy than Jisoo and Rosie's. 

Lisa had to drive through a dirtbike parcour, bringing her ability with a game controller to their limits. The Thai girl wasn't a gamer like Jisoo was. She sucked even at Mario Cart and now this game had put her on a motorcycle, but whatever. Lisa just tried to survive. Although she had lost one of her lives already to a 'What not to do' dating quiz.

Lisa had never been in a real relationship before. When things had gotten too close or too complicated with a girl, Lisa had pulled her emergency brakes and had gotten out. Maybe she was scared of an actual commitment, but maybe she just never felt like it was right. Like she just hadn't met the right person yet. Lisa never really felt completely at ease with anyone she had been dating. Never felt like she could be her unapologetic self while still being loved for it. Hell, she wasn't even sure whether she had actually been in love before or if it had just been several failed, temporary infatuations.

Lisa hardly noticed the landscape changing as she was being chased by a huge firemonster. The motherfucker had evolved from being a sort of sand demon to an absolute monster that had nothing else in mind other than devouring Lisa and her last two lives.

The only thing on Lisa's mind was to not let her avatar die a painful flaming death and that she had to get to the blue light as it was her only goal in this game.

She barely registered navigating her bike through a field of greens into a palmtree jungle, making left and right turns in order not to run into any of them. Death by coconut wasn't on Lisa's wishlist either.

A thunder-like sound that involved fizzling and loud cracking made Lisa turn her head briefly to see how close the monster was to her. But the monster was not only close to her, it was also setting the entire palm tree forest on fire in its' wake.

Flames licked their way up the trees and smoke was building quite fast as the leaves began to burn.

"Shit!" Lisa cursed. She hated seeing this beautiful world in flames but she had no idea, nor any means to defeat this thing. So Lisa kept racing through the jungle, trying to at least escape. Up ahead in the sky she noticed that her blue lighthad to be closer than ever but now Lisa was conflicted. If she brought the flaming demon near her blue light, she and her match would both die. And then what? Did they not get to meet if they died in the game? Cause that would really suck and Lisa didn't want to risk it.

Maybe the fire would get tired consuming the forest and would let go of Lisa? It was a stupid thought but maybe it would...

With too many distracting thoughts in her head, Lisa lost concentration on her driving game and crashed right into a tall palm tree.