XII. Prison

Look back in Anger - Oldboy OST

Azula, Mai and Ty Lee travelled through the sky on top one of the fastest hot air balloons in the Nation towards the Boiling Rock, an impenetrable prison known for its history of unsuccessful escape attempts.

The prison was located on a volcanic island, in the middle of a boiling lake, hence it's name.

Since last night, Ty Lee hadn't been able to stop feeling estranged and saddened with Azula's attitude and the way she was acting towards her, so both had kept awkwardly silent during the whole balloon ride.

After just a couple of hours, they arrived to the maximum security prison and took the cableway that went over the boiling water towards the facilities, where a guard waited to greet them.

''Princess Azula, welcome to the Boiling Rock.'' The guard said bowing down as they descended from the gondola.

''Where is the Warden?'' Azula asked him, getting straight to the point.

''He is interrogating one of the guards who plotted the escape of three inmates on the fourth level.'' The guard replied.

''And Prince Zuko?'' She asked again with a firm voice.

''He was put in one of the cells on the second level. I can take you to him.'' The guard replied.

''Azula, would you mind if I have a moment alone with your brother first?'' Mai asked Azula with an unexpressive look.

The Princess considered her petition with doubt for a moment.

''Fine, Go. I need to speak with your uncle anyways. If Zuzu got in without anyone noticing, there are some blind spots in this prison we need to cover.'' Azula replied.

Mai nodded and left with the guard towards Zuko's cell.

Once they were gone, Azula turned around to look at Ty Lee in the eye for the first time during the whole morning.

''Will you, come with me please?'' She asked the brunette in a polite tone of voice.

Ty Lee was struck for a moment.

Maybe Azula would try to make up for her behaviour last night.

The Brunette silently nodded and began following her.

As they walked side by side, the Princess finally broke their silence.

''I shouldn't have yelled at you like I did that last night.'' She said with a regretful tone but with her eyes still set forward. ''But, there's just things you... can't understand.''

Ty Lee turned to Azula with a pleading look as they continued walking.

''Then try to explain them to me Azula...'' The brunette replied in a low voice, desperately wanting to understand her.

Azula took a deep breath, but remained quietly unfazed, not giving in to to Ty Lee's request.

She just kept walking with her eyes still set forward until they arrived to the cell where the warden was.

Odd Man Out - The Spy gone North OST

The Princess opened the door abruptly and saw the Warden with two other guards interrogating one of the inmates.

''Uh, Sir. There's someone here to see you.'' One of the guards told the Warden.