Drunk

Kei:

The neon lights in the bar flashed tirelessly at the entangled bodies in the dance pool. Rhian flinched as he entered the bar, the music blasting onto him. His ears throbbed while he made his way to the left corner of the bar, pushing through swaying limbs.

There he saw Kei slumped on the bar table, head buried in his arms, visibly drunk. Their friend Tedros saw him and waved him over.

"You're finally here," Tedros grumbled as he shoved Kei, trying to wake him up. "Kei, KEI. Ugh, no use. He's so damn drunk. You think you could take him back?"

Rhian felt his head starting to throb too. He sighed and walked over: "Yeah, sure."

"Thanks, man. I'll leave him to you. I gotta go find Agatha before she finds me first and kills me."

Rhian shook Kei by the arm gently: "Kei? Can you hear me?"

Kei opened his bleary eyes and his gaze focused on Rhian, half his face concealed in the crook of his arm.

"Rhian."

"It's me. You think you can walk?"

Kei stared at him for a moment before responding: "Yes."

"Okay then."

Rhian lifted Kei's arm and wrapped it around his shoulder. They both stood up and made their way toward the exit.

Along the way, Rhian scolded: "You never drink. Why this time?"

Kei mumbled something Rhian didn't quite make out: "Say that again?"

Kei stumbled. Rhian was caught by surprise, and they crashed onto a sofa that was thankfully empty.

Rhian hissed in pain as Kei's weight fell entirely on him, pinning him down on the sofa. He pushed at Kei: "Hey, I can barely breathe."

Kei shuffled. He propped himself up with his arms but made no further move. Rhian couldn't see his expression in the dim light. He called out unsurely: "Kei? Is there anything wrong?"

Then a streak of golden dance light flashed in their direction and Rhian saw Kei staring at him, face flushed from the alcohol he'd had, eyes hot and intense.

Rhian's heart sped up. Without thinking about what he's going to do next, he pulled Kei down and kissed him, the blurry scent of minty alcohol mingling between their tongues. Rhian smiled into the kiss when he saw Kei's eyes widen in shock.

Funny. Rhian thought. Maybe I'm drunk too.

Japeth:

Aric cursed as he dragged a drunk Japeth through the swaying bodies in the bar. The few who were still conscious made way for the teen whose eyes blazed with anger and looked ready to punch whoever blocked his way. However, the fury in Aric's eyes subsided when Japeth gave a small grunt. Aric immediately turned his attention to him: "You okay?"

Japeth didn't reply. His brows were knitted together, his face paler than ever. Aric felt irritated. If Rhian hadn't brought Japeth to this kind of place, Japeth wouldn't be in such discomfort.

"Hang in there, I'll get you home real quick." Aric slung Japeth's arm over his shoulder and continued dragging him toward the exit,

Aric didn't notice the hand that quietly snaked its way on his waist. As Japeth pressed his body against Aric, he thought, only this way did he have an excuse to be so intimate with Aric. Maybe he should get drunk more often.

——

In Aric's room, Aric dumped Japeth onto his bed and slumped beside him. With the last bit of energy, he sent Rhian a message, saying that Japeth was sleeping at his house tonight, and accompanied the text with a rude emoji. He tossed his phone on the floor and closed his eyes.

Just as he was about to fall asleep, he heard Japeth shuffle beside him. He thought Japeth was going to the bathroom, but Japeth didn't leave. Instead, Aric felt an arm being laid carefully across his waist.

He stiffened. Japeth seemed to sense that, and he pulled his arm away—

Aric flipped over, and without bothering to open his eyes, he draped his own arm and leg over Japeth's body. Sensing Japeth was the one who stiffened, Aric's lips formed a smirk.

"Sleep." He demanded. He would leave all the explaining for tomorrow, since someone is too "drunk" to acknowledge anything.

Notes: What am I writing? I have no idea. I survived school and this is what I wrote with the last of my sanity. But then again, maybe I've got none left. Maybe I'll write the Aric and Rhian version if anyone would like to see TT.

Thanks for reading!!!