Blazing Heart | Rengoku

"Kyojuro Rengoku when this baby is finally born I'm going to-"

"I know, honey, please focus. We're almost done."

"We're?"

He laughed. "Oh, that's right. I'm sorry. You're doing great, my love." He kissed my head. "You are so strong."

I breathed hard, letting out a scream of pain as the baby was pushed from my canal. It hurt worse than any pain I'd ever felt. But I know it would be worth it in the end.

"It's a girl!" The doctor smiles. "Mr. Rengoku would you like to cut the umbilical cord?"

Kyojuro smiled. "I just wish to help however I can."

"Okay, cut here." The doctor said, showing my husband.

"That is disgusting!" He says cheerfully. His tone often mismatched his words. The cord was cut and now they were cleaning off the baby. I was still in some pain, but the nurses were accommodating my needs. Kyojuro stood by me, lovingly gazing at me. "You are so strong, my love. I'm so proud of you." He held my hand and kissed my forehead.

"I love you Kyo." I closed my eyes. The baby was swaddled and the nurse handed her to me. I held my baby with joy. My heart swelled as her eyes blinked open.

They were blazing red just like her father's.

My husband leaned over me to look into the baby's eyes. She cooed and smiled as she heard her father speak. "Hello there, my young one." He looked at me. "May I hold her?"

I smile. "She's your daughter too." I gave the newborn to Kyojuro and he held her very carefully.

"Like this?" He said, holding up her head. I nod. He smiles at her and brushes his knuckle across her cheek. "She's beautiful."

I looked at the father of my child. "What should we name her?"

He looked at the little girl and then back to me. "How about Homura?"

I looked at the baby, and smiled. "Homura. I love it."

The doctor documented her weight, eye color, blood type, name, and gender. Then it was rest and recover for me. I held Kyojuro and I's baby.

Homura Rengoku.

She was sleeping, as I had just fed her. Kyojuro was sitting by my bed. He looked at me.

"I'm proud of you, my love. You birthed a beautiful, healthy child. You are an amazing wife, and I know you'll be an even better mother." Kyo leaned over me and kissed my lips. It was very tired, but kissed back. "Please rest, darling. I will take Homura home, and care for her until tomorrow."

I gave our baby to him, and he kissed her little head. "Take good care of her."

"Darling daughter of mine, I promise no harm will ever come to you as long as I'm around." Kyojuro held her close, and put his forehead to hers.

Our family grew bigger that day.
And a lot more happier.

~•~•~•A/N~•~•~

Hey guys! I know this one is short but I really needed to write something cute for Rengoku because this man NEEDS to be a dad. I love him so much and I really adore him as a father, so this was the product of me being a hardcore simp 💀

Love you guys!

-Kai™