🝮C H A P T E R 22 🝮

Ten years ago Sailor 7, Sora, 7Location: Aberdeen, Scotland

Location: Aberdeen, Scotland

On the ninth of September, sometime between the ebbing of the tides and the waning of the moon, in a cold bath in the grassy highlands of Scotland Eun-Jeong Park gave birth to a beautiful baby girl, with eyes bright and a freckle-dusted nose that reminded her of the scattered hot sand at Haeundae beach. She was pleased, she had spent months planning for her baby girl to arrive, her little bundle of hope that would bring light where there was darkness, and laughter to empty haunted corridors at the manor.

She had planned for all the things she'd teach her, from ballet to baking to the importance of always carrying a good book around with you. Sora Park was a reflection of her mother's constant planning, she was level-headed, calm and composed.

But see I will let you in on a secret, one that perhaps never would've been brought to light if I wasn't there to witness it for myself. It is the fact that Eun-Jeong didn't know that she was expecting not one- but two children that night. Perhaps it were a fault of her midwife who was a timid naive little thing, fresh out of school and prone to overlooking things. Perhaps all that would've been an excuse, because how could she have not known that her Sora had another beside her all this time?

She thought herself cruel, for all the while she had been reading to Sora alone; tales of nutcrackers, beauties who tamed beasts and Christmas carols. She adressed only her, bonded with only her, sang sweet songs to only her. So when she was being told to push, to bring yet another life into the world- she did so with everything in her. She swore that her son; born merely minutes after at 3 pounds 8 ounces, a frail little thing, almost underweight, with two almond-coloured eyes and a beauty mark underneath his right eye, and a head full of hair- would be her lifeline. She would ensure that he was never to be forgotten again, never neglected, never overlooked. She named him Haru, meaning spring in Japanese & day in Korean because something about him was always bursting with grace and light.