10. Emmerson

Whatever has ignited between us, I never want to put it out

Whatever has ignited between us, I never want to put it out. This is far from my first kiss, but I've never experienced this level of lust. I want to rip off his clothes, slither on top of him, and ride him until we're both so delirious with desire that the world could crack open and neither of us would notice.

Who am I kidding? That's already how I feel. The world could be ending right now, and as long as I had this man like this, I'd die happy.

When I lift my leg to his hip, he groans against my lips, and then he cups my ass and drags me up his body until I've got my ankles locked at the small of his back.

Somehow we've ended up against the hut, and the cool wood almost penetrates my sweater. I shiver, but I'm not sure if it's from the intensity of my yearning for the warm length of him or from the cold.

His fingers graze the skin at the edge of my waist, and goosebumps rise across my flesh. Never has such a simple action inspired this fierce hunger. Every caress, every brush of his tongue, every miniscule movement that puts another inch of our bodies in contact makes me alert to every other place we're connected.

I'm aware of everything and nothing. Lost in a haze of sensation, and yet I've never felt so sure that this, here with him, is where I belong. He is mine, and I am his.

His words suddenly make so much more sense—kill for you, die for you, unmake the world for you—because I'd follow this bond until time ceased to exist.

"Aidan," I plead.

"Do you remember me?" He growls against my ear.

Do I? My brain won't click anything into place, but even if I don't remember him, I know him. I tighten my legs to draw him closer, but he resists. He tears his lips from mine, and our foreheads meet, both of us panting.

"Em..."

I angle my head and seek his lips again. More. More. More. That's all I can think about when he's so close. Not close enough, and I drag his shirt up his back and over his head.

His muscles ripple in the moonlight, a fine dusting of hair covering his whole body.

"Em." The syllable of my name is a strangled curse.

"Please." I feather kisses along his neck and jaw until he seizes my lips again, deepening the kiss and driving me against the side of the security hut. He grinds against me, both of us fully clothed from the waist down, and each thrust drags me closer to an edge I've rarely seen with a man in charge of my pleasure. I tremble in anticipation, and his grip tightens on my ass in a way that should be painful but only heightens every other sensation. "Don't stop," I plead. "Aidan."

"Say my name again," he orders. "Say my name while you fucking come."

"Aidan," I whisper, head thrown back, unable to deny him even if I wanted to. "Aidan."