Chapter 26: Modern Wedding Pt. 1

3 months later
Noon
Gingerbrave's POV

Today is going to be an exciting day as it is Pure Vanilla cookie and Dark Cacao cookie's wedding day with every cookie being invited. It is going to take place at the Vanilla castle as each cookie were lining up to get to their seats and waited while the ceremony is being prepared. Me, Wizard cookie, Custard III cookie, and Dark Choco cookie were Dark Cacao cookie's groomsmen while White Lily cookie, Hollyberry cookie, Golden Cheese cookie and Strawberry cookie were the bridesmaids for Pure Vanilla cookie. Right now, I am greeting every cookie with Dark Choco cookie. It was very tiring as the cookies including Millennial Tree Cookie, Moonlight cookie, Sea Fairy cookie, Frost Queen cookie and the other two legendary cookie. Then both Wizard cookie and Custard III cookie went over to us and told both Dark Choco cookie and I to go to Dark Cacao cookie while they take over the other shift. We both nodded while we started to walk to where Dark Cacao cookie was currently changing as we including Dark Spirit who appeared before us were chatting about how will the wedding ceremony go. While walking on our way to Dark Cacao cookie's room, the door to Pure Vanilla's room was slightly opened and I asked Dark Choco cookie if we can take a small peek before continuing our way to his father's room.

Dark Choco: Are you sure?

Gingerbrave: Oh come on. It won't be that bad

Dark Choco: I guess it would be okay then

*Gingerbrave, Dark Choco and Dark Spirit peeking through the door*

Dark Choco: *whispered* Woah

Dark Spirit: *eyes sparkled with amazement*

Gingerbrave: 😳God, Dark Cacao cookie would be very surprised

Dark Choco: *nods before leaving the door* Let's go

Gingerbrave, Dark Spirit: *nods before catching up to the other cookie*

Meanwhile
Pure Vanilla's POV

I felt very excited but nervous at the same time. I was holding the bouquet of white lilies, vanilla orchids, and white roses as White Lily cookie, Hollyberry cookie, Golden Cheese cookie and Strawberry cookie were helping me with the wedding dress that I was wearing. A long white flowy dress decorated with white pearls sewn to the train of the dress. Sugar glass heels paired with white lace stockings as my hair was decorated with a white flower crown made from some of the younger cookies that I knew. I was looking at the reflection of myself wearing the dress as the front has my soul jam in the middle of my chest. The bow was tied at my back, a thin white ribbon choker on my neck, and a veil was placed over my head. White Lily cookie asked if I was ready for the ceremony as I nodded, smiling as the other cookies and Strawberry cookie smiled as they were almost done with my dress. I wonder how Cacao is doing... I want to see him so much... will he liked the dress? I quietly sighed as I asked the four cookies if they're ready to go which they nodded and prepped me to get ready to go out. I gently gripped the bouquet a bit tight as I let my jeweled heterochromia eyes face the large doors to the altar where Cacao and everyone else is waiting for my entrance.

Meanwhile

Dark Cacao: *sighs*

Dark Choco: What's wrong, father?

Dark Cacao: Ah sorry. I'm just feeling nervous

Gingerbrave: Please don't worry about it, Dark Cacao cookie

Wizard: I'm pretty sure Pure Vanilla cookie will look very beautiful

Custard III: Yep!

Dark Cacao: *sighs again* I guess you guys are righ--

*the doors opened, revealing Pure Vanilla and the bridesmaids*

Clover: *started playing the piano of a random love song that he came up with*

Everyone: *stood up to watch the bride walk through the walkway*

Dark Cacao: *stared in awe as he watch Pure Vanilla approach the altar*

Pure Vanilla: *stole a glance at Dark Cacao and quietly giggled, making the other cookie blushed*

Dark Cacao: 'God, he is so...... beautiful......'

Millennial Tree: *walked to the two as Wind Archer is keeping guard* Greetings everyone, you may sit back down

Everyone: *sat down*

Millennial Tree: We're here today to witness a beautiful marriage between the two former kings. It is quite a honor to be a part of this ceremony as Pure Vanilla cookie has requested me to be the one who'll marry the two together. Now, let's begin with the vows. Pure Vanilla cookie, you may start

I gave Millennial Tree cookie a nod as I looked at Cacao in the eyes and said my vows. It was mid-short vow, but I wanted both Cacao and myself to be happy with each other and share our joy and happiness together. I lend the bouquet to White Lily cookie so I can pick up the ring and place it in Cacao's ring finger. Millennial Tree cookie smiled as he looked over to Cacao, saying it was his turn as he nodded and looked my jeweled heterochromia eyes. He smiled as he was sharing his vows to me as when he finished his, he placed the ring onto my finger and kissed the back of my hand. My heart jumped up as the blush grew rose pink on my cheeks. He then chuckled as Millennial Tree cookie smiled again as he asked each of us the important question of the wedding as we both said our I do's. Millennial Tree cookie smiled once more as he announced us husband and husband, and that we may kiss each other. Cacao lift my veil out of my face as I looked up at him as we both shared a soft passionate kiss in front of hundreds of cookies. Everyone cheered as we broke the kiss and smiled. Cacao suddenly carried me bridal style as it got me by surprise, but let out a bright smile. He started walking in the walkway as everyone started throwing petals above us as we out our smiles and laughs. Afterwards the ceremony is finally over.

Timeskip
Early Evening
An hour before Wedding Reception

Pure Vanilla: *sitting on a swing that is located at the garden of his castle*

Dark Cacao: *gently pushing the other cookie that was sitting on the swing*

Pure Vanilla: Cacao, do you think the reception will go well?

Dark Cacao: Now why do you think that, love?

Pure Vanilla: *giggles* I'm just asking

Dark Cacao: I see. Hm? *stops the swing* Vanilla, you dropped something

Pure Vanilla: Hm? What is it? *about to step down*

Dark Cacao: Stay there *pick up something on the ground*

Pure Vanilla: *saw the heel on Dark Cacao's hand* Oh, my heel

Dark Cacao: Can I put this on for you?

Pure Vanilla: *nods as he felt a hand on his foot and seeing Dark Cacao putting the heel on for him* Thank you, Cacao

Dark Cacao: *kissed the heel, making the other cookie blushed* You really do look lovely when you blush Vanilla

Pure Vanilla: *blushed as he tried to cover his face with his hands when he felt a hand under his chin and lift his up*

Dark Cacao: Vanilla, come on. Admit it; it's true

Pure Vanilla: *pouts and playfully smacks Dark Cacao's chest* Mou~

Dark Cacao: *chuckled as he grabbed Pure Vanilla by the his waist and lift* Now, you looked even more lovely when I hold you like this, Vanilla

Pure Vanilla: *blushed deeper as he softly sighed and leaned forward to kiss Dark Cacao's forehead* I guess I do look lovely in your eyes, Cacao *giggles*

Dark Cacao: *sets Pure Vanilla down and leaned for a tender kiss*

Pure Vanilla: *kissed back as he wrapped his arms around Dark Cacao's neck and slowly make the kiss deep*

Dark Cacao: *breaks the kiss after a few minutes* Now *carried Pure Vanilla bridal style* Shall we get ready for the reception?

Pure Vanilla: Of course ☺️

Dark Cacao: *started walking with Pure Vanilla in his arms as they went to get ready for the wedding reception that is located at the ballroom of the Vanilla castle*