"NO MERCY"

"NO MERCY"
Day 2 - 07:23:35
"Aries"
The Macrela
Cameron Complex

The team turned to you - Nate, Jude, Nyx, and Iris.

"Ready to go?"

"I'd prefer having a weapon." You raised your empty hands up - no rifle, and a completely empty FNX.

"Here." A nice guy tapped on your shoulder and handed you his machine-pistol. "It's a CBJ-MS. Bring it back to me after. Ask for Cassian."

"Okay, thanks Cassian."

Then you could finally set off.

"Make sure you check those corners. Up the stairs!"

"Why can't we just use the elevator?"

"Power's fucked. I wouldn't wanna go on it anyway..."

The last time you got in an elevator, a zombie with supersonic hearing stopped it.

Not something you wanted to deal with again.

From the higher levels of the highrise, some traces of the sun managed to shine through. It gave the complex some more visibility, and everyone could slow things down.

"It's a nice view from up here."

"This place is completely empty. Why?"

Nyx, who was likely a local, answered that. "They had a outbreak in this apartment complex, and the authorities locked them in to prevent it getting out."

"That's just horrible."

"You see it happen a lot. Then you just get used to it."

"Shhhh! Zombies ahead!"

Down the hallway, a bunch of zombies feasting on one corpse raised their heads and looked at you.

"Way to go, Nate!"

You took your CBJ-MS and braced it against your shoulder, shooting each of them into the floor until the magazine was empty. The last one still standing was shot dead by Nyx.

"That didn't go so well."

"Here, have some extra ammo." Jude handed you another magazine.

"Huh. Looks like you're useful after all."

"Yeah, I exceeded your expectations, didn't I?"

You let the empty one drop to the floor and slid the other one into the magwell before pulling the charging handle. Everyone proceeded, with a little more caution this time.

On the next floor, you heard the zombies groaning and shuffling around in the hallways. Sneaking ahead of everyone else, you spotted about 10 zombies, standing around and paying no attention.

"Not a lot of them. Swiftly take 'em out."

You took Cassian's CBJ-MS and rapid-fired the weapon until the weapon was empty again. 6 of them were still standing, and noticed you on the spot.

Nyx and Jude shot the rest of them down. Nate stomped the last one to death.

"Be careful..." Nyx pulled the charging handle of his MP5SD back, switched magazines, and slapped it forward.

"I'm out of ammo. I'll hang back."

Your group moved ahead, but neglected the backside as a door was suddenly being banged on. 

Two zombies broke out of the break room and grabbed you before you could react.

"AH SHIT! HEEEELP!"