"TROJAN HORSE"

"TROJAN HORSE"
Day 5 - 23:20:36
David "Lynx" Hendriksson
Hawaii Shirts
Escobedo Genetic Research

Catori emerged from the bushes and waved for the rest to advance. Jude and Bobcat got up and followed through.

"Enough waiting around. Let's move."

The night was calm and the lab you were at had something special to hide.

Except neither Lovec nor Caerus sent you on this mission. This was a suspicion that Catori had about this specific lab, which had to have something on those guys at the Nuclear Plant. The ones dressed in grey, armed alongside the plaids.

"Three hostiles at the gate. Let's take them all out at the same time."

Raising your Suppressed Howa and aligning your holographic sight, you waited for Catori's call.

"Stand by... Stand by... Now!"

You shot the one you had your sights on, while Catori and Jude took their targets down.

"Great work. Move up."

Getting up to the entrance, you checked each of the corpses and found nothing interesting. Obviously, they weren't soldiers. Just the grey dress shirt, grey cargo pants, black military helmet and bandana, yet no identification.

"Hey, don't get hung up on it, Lynx. We'll find out who's helping the plaids. And we'll kill them, too."

The lab was surrounded by concrete walls, but the inside revealed two large buildings with lots and lots of people going back and forth. Even scientists seemed to be walking around, busy doing or going.

"The two buildings. We have to cover some ground quick before the sun can rise."

"Don't you think we have until like, 6 o'clock?"

"Scientists get up to work early, Bobcat. They have like, eagle eyes when the sun isn't even out yet."

"Okay - but about the scientists, what are they here for? What are they studying?"

"Look at them, Lynx. They're obviously not here working on a cure. This activity looks too suspicious to be morally sound. They want to hide the fact that they have scientists here."

"...Oh. You mean they're the ones that..."

"Yes, Lynx. They're the ones who made the infection. I'd bet my life on it."

"Can we just stop chatting?" Jude interrupted. "I'd like to go to bed soon."

"Yeah, alright. So let's split up. Bobcat, go with Jude. I'll go with Lynx. And remember..."

"Yep, mhm. I get it. Keep it quiet. Thanks, mom."

"Glad to see you still care."

Catori walked off and you followed her while the others went the other way. Around the lab, there were shipping containers that you could hide behind.

Something in these was worth guarding. Each of the doors was locked up with chains, so there was no opening them anyway.

Just completely unmarked, unsuspicious shipping containers with unknown contents.

"Lynx. Hey. There's a whole group of them over by the grill, can you see them?"

"Yeah I see 'em."

"Let's take them out."

"Can't we just go past them?"

"Didn't we already determine that these guys were evil?"