Epilogue

Epilogue

Three weeks later, Ishani and Dusty were having another baby. Lexi however was missing Rose.
Besides that, Ishani had been kinda short tempered lately. Like the day before.
Lexi had walked into the new baby's room, just to look at it. Ishani and Dusty had transformed her baby room into her room that she had now, and they made one of the guest rooms into the new baby room. They had finished it, but a few cans of paint were still out, and Dusty still had to put the baby crib in there. Lexi was not supposed to go in there. She just wanted to see it though, and she'd crept inside. Ishani thought that she was playing in her room, but apparently not. She'd slipped into the baby room just to look. She looked around in there to see that it was painted a light baby blue color, but had yellows and whites too.
"Lexi!" She heard from behind her, causing her to jump in surprise.
She turned to see Ishani standing there, an angry look on her face.
"Lexi grace, come here." She said in her 'you're in for a time out' voice.
Lexi walked sulkily to her and she picked Lexi up, carried her into the living room, then set her on the sofa.
"Why were you in there?" She demanded.
Lexi looked away.
"Lexi! You answer me."
She looked back up at her. "I jus wanted to see wha it looked like." She  said quietly. "I-I sowwy."
Ishani shook her head. "I told you no. Don't do that again." she scolded in an angry voice. Lexi looked down.
"Mommy?" She said quietly.
Ishani sighed. "What is it, Lexi?"
"When's daddy gonna be home?"
Dusty was gone for race season, but this was his last race before the new baby was born. He had been gone since the day of Lexi's birthday.
"Probably sometime in an hour."

Dusty had gotten home and Lexi had run to him, wanting to go upstairs and play tea party with him.
"Daddy! Daddy! Daddy!" She exclaimed happily, running around Dusty as he brought his suitcase into the house. He reached down and gently moved Lexi out of the way. "Not now, sweetie. Ishani! Can you come here, Babe?"
Lexi, sad at being brushed off like that, turned and walked up to her room. Once upstairs, she flopped onto her bed. She knew that any day she would be going to stay with Dottie and Chug. She was nervous. She had never been without Ishani and Dusty. Sometimes one of them was gone, but they'd never both left at the same time, except one day when they'd let her stay with Skipper.

Back to today:
Today,  she sat on the sofa before bedtime. Dinner had been cleared away, and the dishes had been done. Ishani sat on one of the sofas, and Dusty's arm was around her. Lexi sat in one of the chairs. She was sad tonight. A tear fell from her eyes.
"Lexi?" Ishani said softly. "What's the matter, baby?"
She looked up at her. "I miss Rose. And you an daddy never have time for me anymore...An I don't want you to go to the hospital. I don't want to stay with Uncle Chug and Aunt Dottie."
Lexi began to cry.

Dusty walked to her and picked her up, then sat back down next to Ishani. Dusty and Ishani each put an arm around her. She continued crying.
"Shhh." Ishani comforted. "It's okay, Lexi."
She looked up at her. "No it's not. I don't want to stay with Aunt Dottie and Uncle Chug! I want to stay with you! I'll miss you!"
After ten more minutes of trying to comfort her, her sobs finally quieted into sniffles.
"Lexi, look at me." Dusty said. "Your mommy and I have to go to the hospital so your mommy and the new baby can be safe. You have to stay with your aunt Dottie and chug, so that they can keep an eye on you."
Lexi looked at Ishani. "I'll come wif you. I'll be quiet. I promise, mommy!"
Ishani shook her head. "I'm sorry, Lexi. But you can't come. Besides, it'll be boring. But you're going to get to go play with uncle chug and Aunt Dottie."
She hugged her. "I wanna stay with you."
Ishani leaned down and kissed her forehead. "Not this time, Baby."
She wrapped her arms around her more tightly. "But...sometimes when you go to da hospital, I got to stay wif you. And miss Tina let me play in her office."
Ishani shook her head. "Not this time, baby."
Lexi sighed.

Ishani ruffled her hair. "What do you want to name the baby?" She asked, trying to change the subject.
"Mattew ." Lexi replied. "It'll be a boy, an I wanna name him Mattew ."
Ishani looked confused. "Do you mean Mathew ?"
Lexi nodded. "Mattew."
Dusty looked at Ishani, who smiled. "I think Mathew is a wonderful name." She said.
They sat there another few minutes, and then Lexi began to yawn. She moved onto Dusty's lap and fell asleep.