1

Nunnally and Euphie stood in the hall, just outside Lelouch's bedroom.

"Do you think Brother's okay, Euphie?" Nunnally asked nervously. "Mother said He really hasn't been feeling good."

"I'm sure he is," The slightly older girl replied. "He probably has what we did. We're okay. That means he will be too." Euphie placed an arm around her sister, her eyes still on the door.

"But they've been in there a long time. What could the doctor, our father, and my mother possibly be doing for that long if Lelouch is okay?" Nunnally sniffled.

"Sometimes doctors and parents talk a lot. When Cornelia wasn't feeling well, the doctor had a lot to say to our father, don't cry, Nunnally. You know Lelouch doesn't like it when we're sad."

"I know, but Mother won't let me be with him, and I miss him so much." The child cried, leaning into Euphie's arms.

When the door finally opened, the girls stepped aside as their father appeared before them, followed by the doctor and Marianne.

Nunnally peered inside, briefly catching a glimpse of the pale boy on the bed before the door was closed.

"It would be best for the young prince to rest in bed as much as possible. Be sure to keep his head inclined. I understand that he's in pain, and some cough medicine may be necessary, but I suggest using it only when he cannot rest comfortably without it.

His coughing will help to clear his lungs. The illness likely began as mild flu or cold and took off from there. I know he mentioned abdominal pain, but try to keep up with his fluids and perhaps some soup. I don't expect him to eat normally, but just enough to keep him going." The doctor said, removing the thin, wireframe glasses from his face and using his handkerchief to wipe the lenses.

"Aside from that, please feel free to contact me at any time with questions or concerns." The man gave a bow and was soon on his way.

Charles turned to his daughters, shaking his head.

"What are you two doing out here? I'm sure I told you to wait for me to call for you." He scolded. The girls bowed their heads.

"We're sorry, Father," Euphie said softly. "We're worried about Lelouch.

H-he cared for us when we weren't feeling well, it's only fair that we should be here and-"

"Yes, I suppose he did," The emperor sighed, "It's understandable that you want to be with him now. After all, the three of you are practically inseparable as it is."

"And it's our fault he's not well," Nunnally sobbed. "Lelouch took such good care of us and-"Charles rested a hand on Nunnally's head.

"It's no one's fault, Nunnally," He explained, "Sometimes, illness happens., it's a part of life. The best thing you can do for Lelouch is let him rest. He's very ill."

"Then he needs us, Father!" Nunnally cried out.

"Nunnally, there isn't much you can do. If he's feeling up to it, you may be able to see him briefly. I'm sure you two can think of something to do until then." Charles said sternly.

"But-"

"Come on, Sister," Euphemia interrupted, pulling Nunnally close. "It's best to listen to our father. We can go and make Lelouch a get well card." Nunnally attempted to fight against her sister's grasp as the older princess led her down the corridor.

"But Euphie, he's our brother. He needs-"

"You have to trust me. We will see Lelouch later. If we anger Father, we'll be sent to our rooms, and we won't be able to follow the plan." Nunnally raised her eyebrow.

"You didn't say anything about a plan, Euphie."

"Of course not, not in front of our father and your mother. Just follow my lead and we'll be with Lelouch before you know it."