Chapter 5 - "Purples and Blues"

The clashing of staff against gem was not a pretty sound nor sight. A crack formed on the orb's pristine surface once contact was made with the Arachnem's spiky back, earning a yelp of pain from the craftsman.
"Oh my Zeekeeper, are you alright?!" Dreambert was quick to check on his companion as Bedsmith crouched down onto the floor, holding his chest as if he had a stomach ache.

The Arachnem, deeming itself victorious in a surge of pride, leaped in an attempt to tackle the two. Fortunately for the latter, a certain firefly flew in front of them and shone their two lights directly into the spider's face.
"You must've forgotten to take note of the spikes on their back," Xylar lectured politely as the spider stumbled around in a blinded daze.

"For spiky enemies such as these, you need to flick your staff sideways instead of upwards. And instead of swinging down like a hammer, you swing to the side like a golf club!"

Bedsmith cautiously fixed the orb's position on his staff before glancing at the spider. His goggles almost seemed to sparkle in determination as he tried again.

Aim the staff... flick the orb right... swing it left!

Whack !

A strong slam to the side was delivered to the Arachnem as it stumbled onto its back like a turtle. As the orb reattached itself to its staff, albeit a tad unstable due to the crack, Bedsmith let out a satisfied laugh.
Now the two Pi'illos aimed simultaneously at the horn on the spider's forehead. The two surges of magic blasted the gem apart, but instead of the spider turning back to an assumed normal form like how Birdseye did...

It poofed. Vanished in a cloud of sparkles and mist. Only the gem shards remained.

"That's odd," Xylar remarked. Dreambert and Bedsmith were shocked. Could it truly be...? No, no, of course not...

Luggages and staffs in hand, the two ventured onwards. They were much slower than earlier in the morning due to the lack of food they've eaten. The fatigue, added onto the crack in Bedsmith's orb, made the duo weaker than when they started.

Time passed. Then...

Footsteps. Lots of them. The blue insect from earlier accidentally stepped into their path, heaving large baskets of pastries and fruits on top of her back.
"Oh dear, are you two the souls I found earlier by that tree?" Cassie's voice was soft, with a calming european accent. "I should thank you for defeating that nasty spider; here, let's sit down."

The three sat along the clearing they stopped at, no sounds other than Cassie setting the baskets down on the soft grass and picking out fresh berries and tarts for the visitors.
Handing the food to the hungry duo, she broke the silence; "I'm Cassie, the wandering shopkeeper. You two must be visiting from the Pi'illo Kingdom?"

"Yes," Bedsmith replied, his voice a bit more shaky than usual due to the orb's injury, "we are. We were looking for you, actually, as we heard you have helpful information about the Tail-Tip Fields and finding the Full Moon."

"The Full Moon you say," Cassie placed her hands on her cheek as she laid down on her stomach. "Ah, you wish to wake up the Full Moon? Hmm...
"Their hiding spot I haven't seen, but rumors tell that it's around a pond. Which one, no one knows for sure. They respect the Moons, so they don't dare check."

She continued, handing the Pi'illos more food, "If you're searching for all of the Moons, search from the north to the south, in that order. It's more simplistic. You have a map, yes?"
Dreambert plucked the two slips of paper from underneath his cloak and showed Cassie the map.
"Perfect," she smiled, "you'll know your way then!"