Chapter 18 - Control

Chapter's title from the song Control by Zoe Wees.

Somewhere in the depth of the Ninjago sea........

It's pounding relentlessly. Pressure, unbearable pressure on my skull.

Everything feels dark and yet bright flashes of blue and white are imprinted behind my lids, they're blinding me. I am squeezing my eyes shut as I'm being washed away by an enormous force of succion that's pulling on me so hard that it's no use resisting.

My body doesn't respond anymore and my senses are all blurred. I'm spiraling down, deep, always deeper in the most profound heart of the ocean.

There. Now there is no use trying to catch a glimpse of anything or make sense of any sound. None of that exists there. One can hardly go deeper or farther from everything that is. I'm drifting, forever away.

Focus! Focus on what binds your very nature to the water. Feel the connection, the natural sisterhood, the vital energy that is hers and that is yours. It is wonderful, almighty. It's larger than anything else, than me. I can't take it all in. I have to let it in. I have to let go. There... the energy is flowing through me... something warm is slowly rising from my chest and make my head dizzy.

I jolt and wince in pain. A shrill sound pierces my ears, deafened sounds ringing in the distance... a name... I heard it back on the shore... Nya... Nya..., a lament, there's pain, there's... hope? And an intimate acquaintance to these sounds... the tone of the voice... the high pitched inflection.

What was this feeling? Why does it matter when you bathe in infinite harmony and power under all that is.
Survival, that's what matters in this world. And domination. Or order cannot be maintained. That's how things have to be. The balance, the power.

These people... do I know them? They knew me, but they didn't fear me. They lured me out with their tricks and tried to play me. They tried to snatch the power from me, they tried to override the greatest force that is, they tried to imbalance the equilibrium of the world.

But that light. Blue. Vibrant, crackling. It was radiating and electrifying my whole self, it crept deep into my gigantic form and into my mind, numbing me, making me feeble and recoiling.

Why? Am I not invincible after all? This weakness, it's all in the past now. I am not that person anymore, I am Her and She is me.

Then why why am I assailed by waves after waves of sensations, warm upsurges? They're calling me, pulling me to the earth, pulling me to the light. It wants to mingle with me. I need it to fill the empty substance of my body and soul.

It hurt but it felt confortable too. It had a purpose, beyond the attack. It wanted to protect me and to protect them. To connect with me.

I knew it all, from before. I know, I long for it...

For...

Him?