Javaria

Javaria POV:

I don't like her. I don't like seeing Sooyoung anywhere near Zainab. She doesn't deserve to be in her company. She's not even in most of our classes together but me and Zainab have EVERY class together. I've always been close to Zainab, it came naturally. She appeared out of nowhere and took my heart with her. She's the sweetest person I've ever come across and my favourite thing about her is the way she begs and offers so much money for a simple thing such as a crisp packet if she forgot hers at home. I try to be cool in front of her so I act as if I'm annoyed and have a spare crisp I can lend her. When in reality, I make sure my bag is filled with different flavours she likes in case she asks.

I went off topic again. Well, currently I'm on my way to meet up with Zainab and Sooyoung to walk to school. This happens every morning. I'm not complaining since I get to see Z but I don't want to be anywhere near that girlfriend snatcher. That's the name I've given her. I'm not like this towards everyone. Sooyoung's different though. She appeared out of nowhere and became friends with Zainab, well, her crush is clearly apparent. But she's never liked me. I can clearly tell. When she's talking to Z, she's got this calm aura and she's all smiles, but when it comes to me, she's always dissatisfied, she flashes the fakest smile in my direction and disregards me almost immediately. It hurts to see she can just come and take Z whenever she wants. It's scary even thinking about it. Regardless, I try to be nice to Sooyoung, considering she's Z's friend and I wouldn't want to cause her any issues.

I make my way ahead and just across the street, I see the two of them stood, too close for my comfort. I skip up to them and grab Z's shoulders from the back, enveloping her into a bear hug. God, I could smell her and her scent was so comforting. I wish I could be like this forever. She pulled apart and greeted me with that striking smile of hers. I wiped a crumb off of the side of her face. Any contact with her makes my heart race.

"Javaria, what took you so long!?", God damn, that voice is like a melody to my ears. Replying to her in a gentle voice, "Sorry 'bout that, I was a bit busy this morning, anyways, shall we go? Also, how are you guys? Sooyoung, you alright?" I keep reminding myself I have to be nice.

"I'm alright, Jav! You?" Be nice. "I'm good, thanks for asking, lets go then!"

Deep fucking breaths.

We started to walk and made small talk along the way. I mostly drowned out Sooyoung's voice and paid close attention to anything Z had to say. I'm seriously obsessed and so hooked onto her. She's got me wrapped around her delicate finger and she doesn't even know it.

As the school gates came into view, I saw Nimra stood with her back against the brick wall. She was also one of our friends. I used to be infatuated with her. She never found out and I never had the courage to tell her. In the end, I moved on and found Z. I'm not really sure if I moved on or whether I just blocked that part of me away. It does still sting a bit every time I see her.

Well, into school we go...and another dreadful day begins.