|| CHAPTER 1 - Hana gains a new friend ||

Hana was walking home, she had her basket filled with small snacks and a blanket. It was a fairly nice day, not too hot, not too cold. Warm. And there wasn't wind! She was over the moon happy about it. She was about to take her normal route, when she remembered there was something going on, it'd be quicker to take the alley. Was it a bit dangerous? Well - yes, it was. But if anything happened the monkie kid or mei would come help her. She and her friends had seen the two once before, during the talent show! It was lovely, and they won, which was fine! They deserved it!! She thought they seemed cool, She hadn't exactly seen much of mei, she was backstage. She peaked out the curtains to look at them though! Before she was told to get back to her friends. While walking through the alley she heard something from the other side and she put her guard up. She walked a bit faster, trying to hurry. She would be late! She saw a glimpse of what was in front of her, before falling on whatever - or - whoever it was. From what she saw, it was a figure, wearing a white, gold and green racing outfit. They also had a helmet. The person seemed to be surprised - though, they quickly helped her stand up straight. She was looking in her picnic basket but spoke to the person.
"I'm so sorry! I was just worried I'd be late to see my frie—" Hana stopped, she had looked up at the person, who took off their helmet. Mei. The black haired girl was holding her helmet, she was smiling. They both made eye contact, and Hana opened her mouth - but suddenly she couldn't speak anymore. Fortunately, mei spoke instead.
"Hah! Don't worry! Hmm. Yknow, you seen familiar purple gal! Lilac, right? You were in that band with those two others, your friends! Right?" Mei spoke happily, playing with a piece of her black hair. "Yes! Though, that's just a stage name! It's not my actual name!!-" Hana was about to speak again, when mei asked a question.
"Really?! Then what's your actual name purple gal?!" Hana felt her face flush, nobody had like, actually wanted to know her name - they just called her lilac. Except for her friends, of course.
"Oh..!! My name, my name is Hana!!!! - You're um, you're mei , right? The cool dragon girl whose friends with the monkie kid?" Mei looked away for a moment, playing with more of her hair now.
"Yup! That's me, I suppose you saw me?"
"Yeah! I um - I was backstage - but, I peaked out from the curtain and saw you." Hana finished talking and looked at mei again, they both made eye contact once more. Mei seemed a bit - nervous? -
"hahhh!— that's - that's awesome to hear! I saw you and your friends singing, I thought you were.." Mei trailed off, and Hana looked at the other before speaking
"I'm happy I got to see you again! You're much prettier up close." Holy, did she really just say that?? - Hana couldn't believe that she said that to mei. Mei seemed just as surprised. Mei opened her mouth to speak, but took a minute before she actually could.
"I - uh - I'm very flattered..! Hey Hana? - do you think, do you think that I could get your number?" Hanas eyes widened, and her cheeks flushed even more. Mei had noticed, and laughed slightly, anxious for a response.
"I - um- Yeah! I can give you it!!!!" Hana quickly reached into her basket and grabbed a notebook and pencil, why did she have it? Her, Xinai and Izu like to draw together, so she always had it with her. She quickly wrote down her number and gave it to Mei. She put the paper in her pocket and winked at Hana. Hana thought mei was kinda a dork, but in the cute way. They were silent for a minute, mei was about to speak again when someone - a male, called for her.
"MEI!!!!" Hana recognized the male as the monkie kid, and she backed up slightly. She was in the presence of the hero! Though, she wasn't as nervous as she was with just her and mei. Mei looked.. Disappointed. But she smiled and looked over at her friend.
"HEY MONKEY MAN! Come meet my new friend!!" Hana blinked, they were friends now? Woah. MK and someone else, who she believed was the demon bull prince walked over to them, she noticed that they were holding hands. Mei cleared her throat, before speaking once again.
"MK, Hana! Hana, MK! And of course I have to introduce red boy!"
"Redson. Mei, hon, you know it's redson!" Hana looked at the prince, he didn't seem mad like she assumed they would be. Mei laughed and walked over to the prince, placing a kiss on his cheek.
"I know! ~ Hana, this is Redson, my partner!" Hana's eyes widened again, oh dear.. She basically flirted with mei earlier! - and she had a partner! Wait - wasn't MK with redson? She assumed he was, they were holding hands for crying out loud! The three must have noticed her confusion, because they laughed for a moment before explaining. Mei spoke first.
"Righttt- I forgot not everybody really knows.. So!!! Me and Red boy here are dating, and he's dating MK! Me and MK aren't dating though, we're in a platonic relationship!" MK and redson nodded, Hana was upset. She was hoping Mei wasn't in a relationship - maybe she'd have a chance then.. oh well.. she thought to herself.
"Oh! That makes more sense. Aha.- I'm sure you have things to do, Mei! I gave you my number, text or call me anytime. See you..!" Mei looked upset - why was she upset? Whatever. She couldn't bare to be near the three for longer. She waved, and walked off. While she walked off, the three spoke to each other, starting with MK.
"Isn't that the girl who-" Mei covered MK's mouth and looked away in embarrassment.
"Shh! Don't say it out loud!" The Prince and monkie kid laughed at mei, and the prince looked at her girlfriend.
"Mhm, so mei, you got her number? You must be real happy about that, dear~"

Hana was walking once again, she was headed to the park, where her friends would be. She had tears streaming down her face. Of course mei was in a relationship, with a prince nonetheless! Why hadn't Hana known? She should've known! She wouldn't have been so embarrassed if she knew. She wiped her tears and took a deep breath. It's fine! it's like having a celebrity crush, or maybe she just thought mei was very pretty and wanted to be friends. Sometimes she got platonic and romantic feelings mixed up. But.. She knew it wasn't that. She genuinely liked Mei. Hana looked around, and spotted her friends rather quickly. They were kinda hard to miss, Xinai had green hair and always wore his hat. While Izu had somewhat bright pink hair. She ran over to the two, she was late. Hopefully they'd understand! Her two friends ran forward and smiled. Hana smiled slightly, getting on her knee and grabbing Xinai's hand, kissing it. Then doing the same for Izu. One thing about the three is that they were in a queerplatonic relationship - Xinai was Aromantic, Asexual and was the one who suggested it. The whole... Kissing their hands thing was a little joke they had. Hana was about to speak when Xinai spoke for her.
"Hana! You're late!!!! Why?? Explain! We were pratically dying from starvation!" Xinai put a hand to his head, and did some dramatic movement. Izu couldn't stop himself from bursting out in laughter.
"I know I know! I ran into mei- the dragon girl whose friends with the monkie kid!"
"And dating the demon bull prince? that mei? Jeez. I'm sorry for you." Xinai interrupted, for some reason, he didn't really like mei or redson. Then again, he didn't like most 'rich' people.
"Yes, that mei. I uhm- I gave her my number." Izu's eyed widened and she ran over to Hana, practically shaking her
"YOU GAVE HER YOUR NUMBER?! OH MY GOSH!!-" Xinai glared at Izu, before speaking again.
"Did you forget the part where I mentioned she was dating the demon bull prince? Whatever - Hana you bought the good snacks, right?! The sweets we like?"
"Of course I did Xinai! If I didn't, then I'd be an imposter!" Izu laughed again, Xinai and Hana couldn't help but laugh with their friend. Hana quickly started setting up the blanket while speaking to the two, she set the snacks down and the two set the food they cooked down (Well.. The food izu cooked.) They all sat down on the picnic blanket, stuffing their faces with food almost instantly.

After their picnic, they all went home - Hana noticed Mei again, while walking home. Mei called for her but she acted like she didn't hear her and continued to walk. Eventually, she made it home. She went into her room and laid down on her bed, just then - she saw a green flash outside her window. She went over to the window and opened it..
"Boo!" ..And there was mei, outside of her window.