|| CHAPTER 4 - The Ball ||

Around a week after the whole.. Meeting the Monkie Kid, Mei & Redson thing, Xinai and Izu had finally moved into Hana's place. Hana was over the moon happy about it, she finally wasn't alone!! Plus, Izu can cook for her and Xinai!! Her food is SO good!!! Hana was currently at the park, sitting on a bench. She was humming to herself, kinda hoping she'd get a text from mei. Mei hadn't texted her since.. Mei hadn't texted her in awhile. Hana was fine with it, of course. Mei had her own stuff to do !! plus she might be upset. Hana didn't really care because it was like how her life was before she officially met mei. It was nice. She checked her phone for what felt like the hundredth time, no text. She sighed and set her phone down next to her before looking at the sky. She closed her eyes, but just then she heard a voice. It was weird. She looked next to her, and a hooded male was there. He handed her a letter before leaving. Weird. She looked at the outside of the letter, it wasn't addressed to anyone. It did say who it was from - she'd have to have Xinai read it for her, it'd take too long for her to read it herself due to dyslexia. Hana shrugged and stood up, she glanced behind her and noticed Mk and Mei speaking, they hadn't noticed her yet. She quickly started walking the other way to get home, fortunately, they never saw her and she made it home. She opened the door and walked in, closing it behind her before calling out.
"XINAI! IZU!" Xinai poked his head out from the kitchen.
"In here! izu is making food."
Hana smiled and quickly went into the kitchen giving Xinai the letter to read.
Xinai read in a loud, clear voice;
"Dear Mortal(s) who receive this,
For some reason we have decided to invite YOU to our beloved ball. It is this Sunday. Wear something nice or we'll throw you out.
Sincerely, The Demon Bull Family"
Hana stared at Xinai with wide eyes. Just then Izu screamed, Hana realized she had been standing there listening.
"OH MY GOODNESS!! WE HAVE TO GO! - HANA, CAN WE GO?! PLEASE??"
Xinai looked at Hana with a pleading look, he wanted to go?? Weird. Hana thought for a moment before responding.
"If you can find us outfits before tomorrow then yes. We can go."
Izu and Xinai looked at each other before squealing. Hana thought they were acting like teenage girls when they go to a concert. She smiled at the two, and went up to her room. She was sure they wouldn't be able to find outfits nice enough for the demon bull family within a day.

Of course, she was wrong.

And they had the outfits just in time the next day.

The dress they picked out for hana was absolutely stunning - it was a purple ombre dress that went to a light blue. It glittered in the light and it had little purple and blue butterflies all around it. Another thing she loved about it was that it was sleeveless and had little heart sequins. How had they found that?! Gosh, she loved it.
Izu picked out an outfit that just.. Screamed izu. It was a pink dress with long sleeves, broad shoulders and of course, heart sequins and glitter.
Xinai had a white turtle neck with a golden necklace, white pants with a gold belt and a mint green suit vest, he looked amazing as always. It OF COURSE, had a glitter affect and heart sequins, Hana thought they did it on purpose. They probably did. Xinai grinned and looked at Hana. He made them put them on to 'check if they fit' but she knew that Xinai did it so they could go right away.
"So, we're going?" Hana sighed but spoke
"Of course we are." Izu looked at Xinai and they started squealing and jumping up and down. Hana looked at the two and checked the letter again - it didn't have any time.. Do they just go whenever?. . She didn't know- she thought for a moment before grabbing her phone off the counter and going to text mei. "Hey!! Mei, it's been awhile. Um so, me and My friends were invited to the Demon bull kings ball?? Do you know when we go orr..?" She quickly deleted the message, no, she wasn't gonna text her.. She took a deep breath before grabbing a purse and dragging Xinai and Izu to the ball.

The demon bull family's home was much nicer than Hana expected- she should've realized it was gonna be nice! They were royalty. But gosh, there wasn't even a word to describe it. And once they got inside?! It was breathtaking. There were tables of food aligned against the walls on tables, of course, they had things for the mortals and things for the demons. There was a slow song playing, Hana looked at Xinai, who had been taken away by someone. He seemed happy though! Izu, had found someone to dance with as well. That just left Hana. She shrugged and went to get food, she wasn't really one to go to these things, she much preferred concerts and such. But, this was nice. She was about to grab a plate of food when someone tapped her shoulder, they wore a black and gold masquerade mask. Hana tilted her head to the side before speaking.
"Uhm, hello?"
The person smiled at Hana, holding their hand out.
"Good afternoon madam, my name is Rory, may I have this dance?" Hana was at a loss for words, someone wanted to dance with her? She smiled brightly before grabbing Rory's hand, she was charming to say the least.

The two moved near the others who were dancing, Rory, was smiling at Hana the whole time. Hana looked around while dancing with the other and noticed Xinai wink at her, of course - While looking around she also noticed mei, she was - mei was staring at her at Rory? She seemed, unhappy. . Next to her was MK and Redson, Redson her partner.
Why had she looked so upset? Oh well, Hana was having fun. Hana looked back at Rory, who, winked at her but not in a teasing way. A faint blush appeared on Hana's cheeks. Left, right, left right, up, down, up right, down, left. She had this in the bag! Hana couldn't help but smile even more, gosh, this was fun! She was about to step backwards, when, Rory grabbed her and dipped her. They stood like that for what felt like a century before Rory whispered something in Hana's ear and gave her a letter. The letter had a kiss planted on it. Hana held onto the letter as the two danced, they danced for almost the entire night. Rory noticed it was getting late, she dipped Hana once more, and kissed her on the cheek. Rory helped Hana stand up correctly before bowing and getting on one knee. She kissed Hana's hand.
"This is quite unfortunate.. I was having such a lovely time, however, I have to go. Goodbye, Madam! ~ make sure to open the letter once you're home." And Rory dissapeared into the crowd. Hana couldn't speak, all she could do was wave. She'd have to look at the letter soon. She looked around before sneaking off into the castle, she found a balcony rather quickly and decided to look outside, she needed fresh air. She sighed and placed her head on the railing, laying on it. Just then, mei came onto the balcony. Hana knew she was there, but pretended that she didn't know. Mei cleared her throat before speaking.
"Hana, I'm sorry for not texting! I've been occupied, I had to help plan this and I was worried I'd upset you more and-" Hana laughed before turning to Mei and hugging her for a moment before letting go
"It's fine, Mei! I understand - and I'm sorry for getting upset.. It just happens. I'm trying to work on it. Um, I don't have my phone with me.. Do you know what time it is?"
"Oh thank goodness.. And yeah! I do - it's 11:06 pm. You should probably get going - but before you do, I wanted to ask if you wanted to hangout at the roller rink sometime? I think it'd be fun!"
"I'd like that. Goodnight, Mei!" Mei smiled and waved
"Goodnight Hana!"

Hana eventually found Xinai and Izu, who, wouldn't stop bothering her about Rory. Izu was also bothering her about Mei, but of course Xinai wasn't. They made their way home and went to bed almost instantly. Today was.. Nice. Exhausting, but nice.