Chapter One: Childhood Innocence

(Third Person POV)

(I picked the last names at random, dont judge)

It was a sunny and beautiful day in the town of Perfection. The town was split into three. There were two towns on either side and a clearing in the middle. Each side had a castle, the ones on the sides were noticeably smaller. The town on the left side was for "poor people" and the one on the right side was for "rich people" on the right side lived Princess Tuesday and Prince Michael lived on the other side.

The middle was for events and the townspeople to mingle in. It was basically just a pathway leading up to the main castle with a fountain in the middle. One day, two kids around 7 years old were playing in the middle area, chasing each other around the fountain. It was a burnette boy with freckles dotted all over his pretty cheeks and nose. He had heterochromia and a green streak in his hair. The other child was a girl, with lovely brown skin and glasses propped up on her nose. They dashed around the fountain, laughing and yelling.

When the boy suddenly slipped, falling into the fountain. The water splashed out, soaking the both of them. He sat up in the fountain and looked at the girl. He shook his head, sending water spraying at the girl.

"Nolan!!" She giggled. The boy, Nolan, laughed as well, pulling himself out of the fountain with help from the girl.

"Thanks Mandy..." He chuckled nervously. "Anytime, you dork!" She laughed. "Hey!!" Mandy adjusted her glasses with a smile. "Come on, let's go back to my house and get you dried off!" She pulled Nolan away and pushed through the gate. Nolan's parents were away on a trip, so he was staying with Mandy and her mom for now. They reached the small wooden house and a tall, dark, beautiful, woman stepped out. She had long hair, the same color Mandy's, that always fell over her shoulders.

She had dark green eyes and always had a warm smile and rosy cheeks. "Hi mom!!" Mandy waved. Mandy's mom waved back, and then noticed how soaking wet Nolan was.

"Nolan!" She gasped as the kids reached her. She kneeled down in front of him. "What happened?" She asked. "I tripped and fell into the fountain..." He smiled, rubbing his neck nervously. Mandy's mom smiled softly. "Well, come on then." She stood up, taking the child's hand. "Let's get you dried off."

[A few minutes later...]

Nolan and Mandy sat at the table, Nolan wrapped up in a fluffy towel. They talked and laughed while they drank some hot chocolate Mandy's mom had made. "Thanks again, Mandy's mom!" The small burnette boy smiled at the woman. "Please dear, call me Vanessa." She smiled that warm smile of hers. Just then, the phone rang. Vanessa picked it up.

"Hello?"

A male voice spoke over the phone.

"Hello! Vanessa Santiago speaking!" Mandy's mom said sweetly.

"Do you happen to know Samuel and Lindsay Williams?" (Nolan's parents)

The voice asked.

"Yes, they are good friends of mine! Why?" Vanessa questioned.

"I'm sorry to inform you, but they had a terrible accident while driving and... Unfortunately, neither of them made it..."

Vanessa gasped, almost dropping the phone. "W-What..?" She stuttered, lowering her voice.

"My deepest apologies Miss. But we have also called you for a different matter."

"What... What is it?" Vanessa was holding back tears.

"Their son, Nolan. If we are not mistaken, he is in your care at the moment, correct?"