1

My younger brother was at his friends house spending the night with some of the other boys, which he said was a "party". God I love that little boy. I was putting my little 7 year old sister to bed so I picked her up and began taking her upstairs to her room when suddenly I heard my dad yell something at my mom. I jumped slightly and ran up the stairs quietly putting my sister in her bed. I tucked her in and kissed her forehead.

"Sissy," my sister said, "are you going to go stop daddy."

I nodded.

"Yes babygirl, I am," I said, smiling.

She grabbed my hand.

"Be Careful," she said.

"I will," I said, and with that I left.

I watched my Mom and Dad for a minute.

"YOU'RE SUCH A BITCH! ALL YOU DO IS FUCK UP!" my dad yelled at my mom.

My mom seemed scared. She was cornered. I watched as I got angrier at my dad. Then all at once I saw my dad hit my mom and it was over. I grabbed my switchblade my friend gave me when we were younger and ran at my dad, stabbing him in the stomach several times watching him fall to the ground bleeding in pain. My mom looked up at me with fearful eyes before lunging at me crying.

"WHAT HAVE YOU DONE ROSA! YOU KILLED HIM! YOU KILLED YOUR DAD! YOU KILLED MY LOVE!" my mom screamed at me as she pushed me around.

"He was hurting you momma, he hit you," I said grabbing her wrists.

"I LOVED HIM AND NOW HES DEAD CAUSE OF YOU," she said, "YOU WORTHLESS CHILD! I WISH WE NEVER ADOPTED YOU!"

And at that moment, I couldn't take it anymore. I released my mothers wrists and slit her throat.

"Have fun burning in hell with dad, mother," I said smiling as I watched her die.

Angeline, my little sister, came down the stairs at that moment only to look horrified as she saw our parents lifeless bodies on the floor in puddles of their own blood.

"S-Sissy, what happened?" she asked.

"Shh, it's okay my little angel. I took care of it. Neither of them will ever hurt us again baby girl," I cooed holding her close as she cried.

I put her back to bed and fell asleep next to her. Hours later I was woken up by a high scream. I ran downstairs and saw my younger brother Joshua standing there horrified.

"Joshy, this isn't what it looks like. Dad was hitting mom so I stabbed him and then mom lashed out on me and-" I started to say.

"THEY AREN'T YOUR PARENTS AND YOU'RE NOT MY SISTER. Get the hell out of my house and stay away from me and my sister," he said, interrupting me.

I felt tears forming in my eyes as I ran upstairs and packed my stuff. As I was about to run downstairs Angeline saw me through her door.

"Sissy? Where are you going?" She asked sadly.

"Sissy has to leave here. Your brother doesn't want me around for what I did to mom and dad. He just doesn't understand like you do," I said, "don't forget about me okay! One day I'll come back, I promise. And if I don't, then find me. Just stay safe baby girl."

She hugged me tightly. I kissed her on the head and left with my stuff. I ran off into the woods not looking back in fear I'd start crying, it didn't work. I cried anyways. I ran and ran as tears possessed my eyes. Suddenly I tripped on something and fell down to the ground, hitting my head on something hard. The world slowly went black. The last thing I saw was a figure crouching beside me.