Chapter 12

Sasabat na sana ako kay Rei nang may narinig kaming malakas na kalabog sa loob ng bahay ni Amanda, i instinctively rushed inside and Rei followed behind me. Parehas kaming babad na sa ulan, "Amanda?" tawag ko sa kanya, dumiretso ako sa kusina. Una kong nasilayan ang mga basag na plato, yung mga pinagkainan namin at sunod kong nasilayan si Amanda na nasa sahig, akay akay ang kanyang ankle.

She let out an awkward laugh, "Sorry, nakita niyo pa talaga akong ganito," agad ko siyang inilalayan nang sinubukan niyang tumayo. She whimper, mukhang masakit yata yung pag slide niya. Binigyan naman siya agad ni Rei ng mauupuan, "Bat basang- basa kayong dalawa?" puna ni Amanda habang parehas kami ni Rei na marahang pinupulot yung mga nabasag na plato at baso. "Wala naman po, lover's quarrel lang," biro ni Rei ngunit ang mga daliri niya ay medyo nanginginig. I stop her hand at kinuha yung mga hawak niya. "Ako na rito, baka masugatan ka pa."

They were out of my sight, hindi ko namalayan dahil abala ako sa paglilinis. I went out from the kitchen, wiping my wet hands on my pants. I heard faint voices sa kwarto ni Amanda, naroon yata si Rei, tumutulong siguro o ano. Naghintay na lang ako sa living room hanggang sa nakarinig ako ng pintong bumukas, I found Rei, papalapit sa akin. "Hindi ko babawiin yung sinabi ko kanina," mahinang sambit niya, sumulyap siya sa kung nasaan siya nanggaling- sa kwarto ni Amanda. "Kamusta siya?" I asked, disregarding what she said, stress lang yan Rei. Humugot ng malalim na hininga si Rei habang sapo ang kanyang sentido, "She's faking it," she hissed. I raised a brow, "I just feel it, okay? I've never been wrong when it comes to my intuition," depensa niya sa kanyang sinabi.

I chuckled and caress her hair, "Fine, fine, why don't we sleep?" I suggested, sinabihan na rin kami ni Amanda na may extra siyang rooms for guests. "..." she only stared at my face, "What?" I asked, still smiling. "You really didn't do it with her?" she whispered, na para bang may makakarinig na iba kahit kami na lang naman ang naririto sa sala. "No," I said, almost with a straight face. "Ano nga pala yung sinabi mo tungkol kay Manuel?" I asked, remembering about we are the same or something. Kinamot niya ang kanyang pisngi at binaling ang tingin sa tv set na nakapwesto sa may bintana. "I suspected that he was cheating on me." bumuga siya ng hininga, "I was one of the suspects, besides Amanda, pero I was cleared since meron akong alibi." tumango tango lang ako. "He left while we were having a date, hindi niya sinabi kung saan.." she murmured, parang may gusto pa siyang sabihin but she hesitated while glancing at my face. "Ano pa?" I urged her.

"I didn't tell this to the police.."

"Anong ibig mong sabihin?"

"Sinabi ko lang na iniwan niya ako sa resto kung nasaan kami nagdate non, but I hindi ko sinabi na.. I followed him." her breath began to get shaky, her eyes met mine, "I didn't kill him.. we only fought.. we.. I.." I hushed her by pulling her into a tight hug, her body was trembling. "You'll be fine, you'll be fine." I whispered, rubbing her back.

My shirt was soaked, nakatayo lang kami for for almost half an hour, hugging her. "Rei?" I whispered, she's not responding when I sensed that her breathing had slowed down and her shoulder isn't shaking anymore. Medyo bumigat na rin siya, she's leaning her weight on me. I sighed, nakatulog na siya yata. I grunted as I scoop her up on my arms, dinala ko na siya sa guest room na katabi lang ng kwarto ni Amanda and tuck her in. I closed the door when I went out. Dito na lang ako sa sala matutulog, meron naman couch and I think I'll fit in.

"Hello?" nagpupungis- pungis ko pang sagot sa kung sino man tong tumawag sa akin, I didn't bother seeing the number. I heard a slight rustle, almost like a bed sheet, "Miggy? sorry.. are you asleep?" I rubbed my eyes and tried to sit up from the couch I was lying on, "Yeah, are you.. okay?" I ask, not yet myself. What time is it? I couldn't see anything, not when the lights here are off, and it's not helping that there's no moonlight outside. "My ankle hurts.. can you come inside?" she whispered on the call. "Err.. okay, wait." she thanked me and ended the call.

Pinihit ko ng dahan dahan yung pinto sa kwarto niya, the bedside lamp was on, I saw Amanda lying on her bed, with the blanket over her. She gestured me to come near her. "Should I bring you to a hospital?" I asked, umiling iling siya. "Can you just sleep beside me?" she asked, almost shyly. Napakamot ako ng ulo ko. I thought of Rei next room. "It's not what you think," she giggled, clearly amused of my awkwardness. "Right, uhm okay."

Umusog siya ng konti to give me space, I lay beside her and she quickly scoot closer to my side and hug me. I froze, what the fuck am I doing? what if she really is a witch or something .. am I doom? I inhaled sharply when I felt her hand groping my bulge. "Ang sabi mo matutulog lang?" I whispered, my eyes glued on the ceiling. She pulled it out, almost expertly and soon she's under the blanket and bobbing her head over my cock.

"I miss you.. really.." nasa ibabaw ko na siya ngayon, our blanket was rolled down and it exposed her nakedness. I could never get used to this sight. "Are you really going to believe her?" she whispered, siniil niya ako ng malalim at mapusok na halik. My hands had a mind of its own, dinakma ng mga ito ang mga suso niya. I tug at her nipples, she whimpered against my mouth. Her ass was grinding against my hardness, "Please.. don't leave me," halinghing niya. Whatever she was saying that night, it didn't register in my mind, I was consumed by her flesh and her heat. I was nothing but her playtoy but I relished on it still, I knew that at the back of my mind that this woman was not what I thought she was.

I woke up and felt like a brand new man, but this euphoric feeling didn't last long. It started when I look at my side and found nothing but empty space, it was still a little warm though. Nagbihis na ako at nagmadaling lumabas ng kwarto nang naalala ko si Rei, she must have been awake already.. I don't think she'll be happy to see me going out of Amanda's room.

"Rei?"

"Amanda?"

I called both of their names but only the deafening silence greeted me. Natanaw ko si Amanda na nasa sala, her back was on me and she had her night gown, it was white until I lowered my gaze to her feet. Red. Hindi ko naaaninag kung nasaan siya nakafocus. "Amanda?" tawag ko sa kanya as I step closer. Malapit siya sa may couch, there were feet poking out of the view as I got closer sa likod ng couch. My stomach churned when I had a glimpse of Rei's face, her head was bashed open. Para akong nabuhusan ng isang balde ng malamig na tubig. I stumbled backwards, almost losing my balance to what I have just witnessed. This time, nilingon na ako ni Amanda, her eyes held no emotion and her mouth was a thin line. She was holding an axe. "I hate her so much, she reminds me of my daughter," sambit ni Amanda, na para bang nagkekwento lang siya na walang bangkay sa kanyang paanan. "... always making me feel like I'm a bad person," she added. Malayo ang kanyang tingin.

I was already on the door, my hands shaking as I try to clumsily twist the knob. "Siya ang pumatay sa kaibigan mo.. was it Manuel?" shit it's locked. I turned around, my back pressed against the door as I search for a way out. May bintana na nakaawang sa right side ko. It would take me 10 quick steps or 5 if I run. "Ginamit ka lang niya Miggy, she was going to frame me for his murder.. just look at her bag! there's evidence and shit in there, tsk tsk." I took a deep breath and dodged when Amanda swung the axe, natamaan niya lang ang pinto na sinasandalan ko seconds ago.

" I just did you a favor.. she was going to get you away from me, and I don't like it."